cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTE Apple watch support and plan

Jay_Starks
I plan to stick around

Any idea on when the new Lte Apple watch will be supported on the Rogers network? If it is supported what would be the price plan? 

***Added Labels***

369 REPLIES 369

Re: LTE Apple watch support and plan

Garygouril
I plan to stick around
It’s not happening. They’re not even discussing it. Not even at a future date. Maybe in the indefinite future they might begin to consider whether it might be discussed as a possibility.
I left. It’s easy, economical, and I’m ready for the watch if I want it. Else I would have been stuck for two years. Besides, when you switch they will give you a few hundred bucks credit towards a bigger phone.

brianewebb1
I plan to stick around

I talked to Rogers sales this week and they said they will be rolling out a plan this year, 2018

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @brianewebb1

Yes that was also said back in October / November. So really isn't any NEW news.

Garygouril
I plan to stick around
Anything published on the net about this? Salesmen can say anything to keep you if it’s not recorded.

BS
I'm a senior advisor

As @Meowmix pointed out, nothing new here since the latest Apple Watch roll out occurred - Rogers, their corporate level chose not to support Apple Watch, and other networks did.  Rarely are there exclusivity deals with any of our Canadian carriers, but on a basic level, each carrier makes their decision based upon the bottom line. So the choice lays with those who aren't happy about it, your only option is to switch carriers with all that is involved in that decision.

Plus you can also rant here, and I will always advocate people's right to use it as a place to express this displeasure over a Rogers decision.

But as commented, there has been the occasional statement that someone has heard that Rogers will do it in 2018, but nothing official has ever been put out there.  If it does, I am sure it will be advertised.  Maybe the Apple 4 watch?

Bruce

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Garygouril

Rogers did go on record and publicly staying that E-sim will be coming this year. That includes the watch ( since it only takes E-sim). Now it does state they will be looking into it however since I spoke to someone within the team that deals with this, they will be carrying it just need to make sure the software and all work without a problem. Plus they need to make sure all systems are go when it does happen.

" In another tweet, Rogers says “Carrying the LTE Apple watch will be something we look at next year as we build system functionality to support this technology base on open standards.”"

http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/carriers/rogers/rogers-apple-watch-series-3-lte-2018-esim/

Garygouril
I plan to stick around
So... no official statements other than “looking at it next year”. So unless “looking at” means “supporting “ , they seem to be deliberately vague about not supporting it so that people who assume Rogers is going to be “soon” supporting will not investigate switching to Telus or Bell.
I would like to see a definitive statement.

Mongo964
I've been around

I find it more amazing that a carrier like Rogers can’t pull itself into the twenty first century. I’m thinking about leaving Rogers as well. Companies should bow to the customers needs not vice versa.  

KRF
I've been around

Ok Rogers, it is now end of January. When will you be supporting the Apple Watch?

BTW the previous thread on this should not be marked “solved” and closed as this support and service to your customers is still open ended and not solved.

Hello @KRF,

Thank you for your post and Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I know there is a lot of demand surrounding the LTE Apple Watch so I totally understand your frustration here.

I really wish that we had an update regarding when Rogers will be supporting this device. Unfortunately, we do not have any additional information at this time.

Stay tuned to the Rogers.com website for the most up-to-date info!

We appreciate your patience on this matter.

RogersTony

BS
I'm a senior advisor

@KRF

I thank Tony and the other RE and moderators for there consistent and limited information on this topic and realize their hands are tied, but I think that the message seems very clear.  There is no sign or indication that Rogers has any date where they will support the phone as the RE and moderators have reported in the thread, so if we take that at face value, it is solved, because they have clarified to the original poster and the same to all posters, that Rogers has no reported commitment to supporting and that they will report when they are prepared to do so.

So in a nutshell, from day one until now, there question is solved with the same answer - no, and we will report when it happens. They never say they won't, but they also never say they will, so we are supposed to be satisfied with their answer, as they do with all unsupported, or new services available in the industry that they don't support - at this time there is no indication of any plans to support this device or service, or there is no indication of a date when, and we will report if things change.

So basically, a big non-answer, and from my perspective if you want the full features of the service, you have no choice to to change providers - because at this time, there is nothing any rep we speak to can do for us, so we either live without it on hope it may come, or move on.

That is the only choice I see available.

Bruce

BS
I'm a senior advisor

So in other words, as put forward by the original poster first, then to the last couple posters, Rogers has not changed their position in any way publically on this topic from day one until today,

So you can be patient waiting to see if they will ever change their minds, or move on to a carrier that does support the service needs that you are hoping to get from Rogers, but Rogers is not even willing to say if they will or not, but the only answer is to be patient and stay tuned.  I would find it very hard to be patient with this continual answer over and over again and if it was that important to me, I would just move on, either deciding that it was never coming and I will live without it and use it as best as I can with a limited set of features, or move to another provider.

But with the ongoing refusal of Rogers to provide their staff dedicated to communicating to us with any answer other than be patient, no new information, and we will report any upcoming new information, patience is not the behaviour I would be showing - it would be expressing my concern strongly as has been done, and just moving on in some way.

Bruce

Bruce

JjspOg
I plan to stick around

Not to mention, Rogers is the largest mobile provider in Canada. This is ridiculous. I’ll be changing to Bell or Telus if these folks don’t get with the program. I buy my devices outright and I have both iPhone and Apple Watch. I want to give them more money to connect my Apple Watch! Why are they making it so difficult?!

Garygouril
I plan to stick around

I've already switched, and am amazed at the better service and level of helpfulness! And LTE watch too!

@Garygouril Who did you switch to?

Garygouril
I plan to stick around

Telus

@Garygouril Why Telus over Bell?

JjspOg
I plan to stick around

I’m using the forum to express my displeasure at the fact they’re seriously lagging in service options.

Rogers, how about you go get to work to implement eSims and Apple Watch support. We won’t remain customers if that’s the case.

Garygouril
I plan to stick around
Telus gave me a plan better than Bell, and a big switching bonus. They charge more for the watch but that plan comes with extra shared data that I wanted as I wanted to bring my wife onto telus too.

DeanLubaki
I plan to stick around
I'm interested in switching to TELUS too, because now they also have Name Caller ID.
For a long time, Rogers was the only carrier to show the name AND the number of the person calling.
But I have the $60 promo plan that they can't match. So I guess the next big promotion I will jump ships!

JjspOg
I plan to stick around
Telus has name display now?! I think I might just hop on over to Telus, then! I ave been with Bell before, but the lack of name display caller ID really annoyed me. This is a huge development! Telus has name display caller ID AND Apple Watch support! I really don’t see what Rogers can now hold as its advantage!