As @Meowmix pointed out, nothing new here since the latest Apple Watch roll out occurred - Rogers, their corporate level chose not to support Apple Watch, and other networks did. Rarely are there exclusivity deals with any of our Canadian carriers, but on a basic level, each carrier makes their decision based upon the bottom line. So the choice lays with those who aren't happy about it, your only option is to switch carriers with all that is involved in that decision.
Plus you can also rant here, and I will always advocate people's right to use it as a place to express this displeasure over a Rogers decision.
But as commented, there has been the occasional statement that someone has heard that Rogers will do it in 2018, but nothing official has ever been put out there. If it does, I am sure it will be advertised. Maybe the Apple 4 watch?
I find it more amazing that a carrier like Rogers can’t pull itself into the twenty first century. I’m thinking about leaving Rogers as well. Companies should bow to the customers needs not vice versa.
Ok Rogers, it is now end of January. When will you be supporting the Apple Watch?
BTW the previous thread on this should not be marked “solved” and closed as this support and service to your customers is still open ended and not solved.
Thank you for your post and Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!
I know there is a lot of demand surrounding the LTE Apple Watch so I totally understand your frustration here.
I really wish that we had an update regarding when Rogers will be supporting this device. Unfortunately, we do not have any additional information at this time.
Stay tuned to the Rogers.com website for the most up-to-date info!
We appreciate your patience on this matter.
I thank Tony and the other RE and moderators for there consistent and limited information on this topic and realize their hands are tied, but I think that the message seems very clear. There is no sign or indication that Rogers has any date where they will support the phone as the RE and moderators have reported in the thread, so if we take that at face value, it is solved, because they have clarified to the original poster and the same to all posters, that Rogers has no reported commitment to supporting and that they will report when they are prepared to do so.
So in a nutshell, from day one until now, there question is solved with the same answer - no, and we will report when it happens. They never say they won't, but they also never say they will, so we are supposed to be satisfied with their answer, as they do with all unsupported, or new services available in the industry that they don't support - at this time there is no indication of any plans to support this device or service, or there is no indication of a date when, and we will report if things change.
So basically, a big non-answer, and from my perspective if you want the full features of the service, you have no choice to to change providers - because at this time, there is nothing any rep we speak to can do for us, so we either live without it on hope it may come, or move on.
That is the only choice I see available.
So in other words, as put forward by the original poster first, then to the last couple posters, Rogers has not changed their position in any way publically on this topic from day one until today,
So you can be patient waiting to see if they will ever change their minds, or move on to a carrier that does support the service needs that you are hoping to get from Rogers, but Rogers is not even willing to say if they will or not, but the only answer is to be patient and stay tuned. I would find it very hard to be patient with this continual answer over and over again and if it was that important to me, I would just move on, either deciding that it was never coming and I will live without it and use it as best as I can with a limited set of features, or move to another provider.
But with the ongoing refusal of Rogers to provide their staff dedicated to communicating to us with any answer other than be patient, no new information, and we will report any upcoming new information, patience is not the behaviour I would be showing - it would be expressing my concern strongly as has been done, and just moving on in some way.