LTE Apple watch support and plan

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: LTE Apple watch support and plan

What are you waiting for @Meowmix? Lol
Open that baby up and activate cellular connectivity, you will love it! Telus is charging double what Bell charges but you will have a extra 1gb on your shared data plan.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Jay_Starks

Unfortunately I had a accident with my iphone 8 Plus and it's getting repaired by Apple. So until mid next week I am using another device lol. I opened it up and synced it to my gfs iphone but ended up unsyncing it due to receiving her messages and calls lol.

Lovely device so far. Wish they had spotify on there. So now I need to get Apple music for music. Also I can bluetooth my Beats Matte black studio headphones to the watch. Apple showed me that too. So that's pretty good!
I Plan to Stick Around

Yeh Spotify would be great, but Apple Music is not bad either, love that I can stream music to the watch via lte at the gym, it's so liberating not to have carry my phone in there! I also have Beats black matte studio 2 and works well with the watch or iPhone! But I think you would want to try the Apple AirPods , perfect combination with the watch.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Jay_Starks

I would however I will wait to get those until the next pair comes out.

Loving the watch so far. 16GB memory and adding images and music on the go is great! Giving my Samsung gear S3 frontier to my sister lol
I'm Here A Lot

Who makes decisions about products like Apple watch? There is a real niche for this product in many instances. For example, someone who is hospitalized and cannot carry a phone around, can still wear a watch and be connected. An elderly person living alone can make a 911 call after a fall. A runner or traveller whose watch will have geo-tagging for safety reasons. I can name many more. So I hope Rogers is looking into this.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @VickyC

It's Rogers head office that makes those decisions. Unfortunately it seems like Rogers is burning bridges with Apple lately.
I've Been Around

Does Rogers have any idea when they maybe going on the Apple LTE. I am looking to buy an Apple Watch in the near future and I am looking at the series 3 but thing is should I bite the bullet and by the Cellular one? 

"Any idea on when the new Lte Apple watch will be supported on the Rogers network? If it is supported what would be the price plan?" 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @haggis312

Unfortunately Rogers has said sometime in 2018 but hasn't given a proper date.

As for the price? Either what Telus has or Bell. The pricing will only come out once they announce the watch when they carry it
I Plan to Stick Around

Apple certainly wouldn't like it but this made me skip buying one at all. If this takes to much longer it's possibly worth waiting for series 4 anyway.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @bdobson

I was going to wait as well but leaks have been shown that its the same as the Series 3 but with new bands and just a few other things added extra as apps. Nothing else so far.