cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTE Apple watch support and plan

Jay_Starks
I plan to stick around

Any idea on when the new Lte Apple watch will be supported on the Rogers network? If it is supported what would be the price plan? 

***Added Labels***

369 REPLIES 369

Re: LTE Apple watch support and plan

mrGREEK360
I've been here awhile

Rogers will lose us as a customer, we have a bill of 800$ a month from rogers and we have been loyal customers since the Cantell/Shaw Cable days. If Rogers doesn't implement the Apple Watch 3 LTE on their network in 2018 then we're gone.

phopp
I've been here awhile
I agree
Also have a 2-300 $ bill per month and we are gone as well
If Rogers does not support Watch it’s s sign they are losing their innovative edge

hseinbk
I've been around
Please add the Apple Watch to your services!!! How many unhappy customers do you need before you offer the service!??

deeplakes
I plan to stick around

Add me to the list, moving to Bell just so I can get Watch LTE

Bye Rogers, can’t say you will be missed.

ya snooze ya looze

peejhey
I've been around

Rogers is supposed to be innovative. This looks really bad

bert60
I've been around

I switched from Telus to Rogers less then a year ago.  They had a bit better signal strength in my area.  I also understood Rogers would supply a premium service with making avaliable premium products.  I have never been in the need for a watch that was tied to my phone.  Now, a watch that had its own cellular is a very useful item for myself.  I now longer have to walk the docks at the marina with my phone in my pocket which is ackward when pulling it out as it feels like I will drop it everytime.  Very handy when boating.  Won't need my phone when in the gym.  Won't need to take my phone with me when walking in the rain (and it rains a lot here!) lol.   I will wait until January, but if I don't see clearly what Rogers is doing, I will switch as I sense a company that is starting to get a bit of a PR issue.  They, as a business can do as they feel, but they also should make it very clear to there customers their intentions on issues like this and other.  We are only a 4 line family, so not a big loss to them.  I don't care if I can't get the same plan from Bell.  I will pay a premium for a premium product.  Just make it available.  

Bill___
I plan to stick around
I have the version 1 Apple smart watch as does my wife. We have been very loyal Rogers customers for years. However, if and when we get the version 3 or newer watch (which admittedly won't be for some time), I will expect whichever carrier I deal with to be supporting them. It isn't about a "watch" it is about keeping up with the times. if you're going to be a tier I carrier, you need all of the tier I things. Rogers has most of them, but it needs to be kept up with.

Thanks for your post - quite helpful.

I too am waiting for support for Apple Watch Series 3.  

I am not entirely satisfied with Rogers' statement on the Watch - don't know if it's because of technical issues, or they're in a spat with Apple, or something else.  

Also, their claim that "we're focusing on the excitement on the new iphone" strikes me as phony - why should one preclude the other?  

duncanouellette
I've been around

This whole business of cellular companies taking turns with products is quite frustrating.

I was really liking rogers but they are really starting to bother me with this pretending to not want to cover apple watches

of course they will, They just have to give Bell and Telus their picks first so rogers can get the next best thing that comes out.

Starts making you think these guys are talking behind the scenes. which of course would be legally grey at best.

bdobson
I plan to stick around

Add another person to the list. I really need them to stop messing around and say YES / NO for sure if they are going to support the watch or not. ATM there just stringing people along to keep customers? Not cool.

Jay_Starks
I plan to stick around
I couldn’t wait anymore guys and cancelled my Rogers line last sunday and ported my number to Bell! And i really don’t regret it! Volte works great with good voice quality, wifi calling works as intended, speeds on lte advanced are phenomenal! I used to get 35 to 50 mbps from Rogers, now i easily get 150mbps.?Price is the same as what i was paying Rogers. I activated the watch in less than 2 mins on the watch app on the iphone x and i can tell you it’s a joy to use. Basically a miniature phone on your wrist! No browsing the internet or anything but just the basics, calls ,texts, iMessage, FaceTime audio, emails, notifications, etc all that without my phone in sight! Not bad for 5$ month plus they are giving the first 3 months free. A bit sad leaving rogers but like said i don’t regret it one bit!
Anyone thinking of switching too?
Just asking that’s all...

After 5 years with Rogers mobile I switched to Freedom Mobile in the summer for their amazing rates/plans and now planning to switch to Bell for watch LTE.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hey guys!

Just got from telus and got the Apple watch with them on a easy finance option. $20 connection fee and a $10 month fee but for 3 months it's waived like Bell. $24 a month for the watch for 2 years.

Haven't opened yet but got the 42MM band space gray.

NinaC28
I've been around

I am disappointed that Rogers is not supporting the new Apple Watch series 3. I have purchased it and wanted to be able to use it when my iphone  is not near me or I forgot to take my iphone  (which I have done a few times) when I leave the house. I have been with Rogers for 20 PLUS years and consider myself a good customer with 2  cells lines and 2 ipads. I would make a change to Bell to be able to enjoy the service on my watch. Bell has offered me a compatible plan so that makes it more tempting.

I will wait a little to see if Rogers does end up supporting it. I would think that they would have been there as the same time as Bell  They need to also consider their customers demands. 

So YES in this case I would make the change  but not without giving Rogers a bit more time. I have always been happy with the service so hoping they will very soon.

Jay_Starks
I plan to stick around
What are you waiting for @Meowmix? Lol
Open that baby up and activate cellular connectivity, you will love it! Telus is charging double what Bell charges but you will have a extra 1gb on your shared data plan.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Jay_Starks

Unfortunately I had a accident with my iphone 8 Plus and it's getting repaired by Apple. So until mid next week I am using another device lol. I opened it up and synced it to my gfs iphone but ended up unsyncing it due to receiving her messages and calls lol.

Lovely device so far. Wish they had spotify on there. So now I need to get Apple music for music. Also I can bluetooth my Beats Matte black studio headphones to the watch. Apple showed me that too. So that's pretty good!

Jay_Starks
I plan to stick around

Yeh Spotify would be great, but Apple Music is not bad either, love that I can stream music to the watch via lte at the gym, it's so liberating not to have carry my phone in there! I also have Beats black matte studio 2 and works well with the watch or iPhone! But I think you would want to try the Apple AirPods , perfect combination with the watch.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Jay_Starks

I would however I will wait to get those until the next pair comes out.

Loving the watch so far. 16GB memory and adding images and music on the go is great! Giving my Samsung gear S3 frontier to my sister lol

Who makes decisions about products like Apple watch? There is a real niche for this product in many instances. For example, someone who is hospitalized and cannot carry a phone around, can still wear a watch and be connected. An elderly person living alone can make a 911 call after a fall. A runner or traveller whose watch will have geo-tagging for safety reasons. I can name many more. So I hope Rogers is looking into this.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @VickyC

It's Rogers head office that makes those decisions. Unfortunately it seems like Rogers is burning bridges with Apple lately.

haggis312
I've been around

Does Rogers have any idea when they maybe going on the Apple LTE. I am looking to buy an Apple Watch in the near future and I am looking at the series 3 but thing is should I bite the bullet and by the Cellular one? 

"Any idea on when the new Lte Apple watch will be supported on the Rogers network? If it is supported what would be the price plan?"