LTE Apple watch support and plan

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: LTE Apple watch support and plan

I will go to bell stores today to see what plan they have, i might grab a line just to test the watch and no im not porting my Rogers number to bell i will get a separate line. I will be forwarding all calls and text to the new number, and will have to turn off i message. Ill let you guys know if i get the line
I Plan to Stick Around

Looks like Telus will indeed soon be on board to support the apple watch LTE , on December 1st, they will start selling the lte watch and people who already got their can activate it on the network! Come on Rogers just give us a date on when this service will become available
I've Been Here Awhile

I called ROGERS about 1 month ago and inquired about the apple LTE watch

they (Mat ) told me it would cost $10/mnth which i thought was reasonable 

I was shocked when I ROGERS tonight and was informed they don't have plans to support this watch , a check of their records confirmed they had spoken to me and noted my conversation 

they offered their apologies but no possible compensation 

very disappointed in them 

I Plan to Stick Around

Did the rep at Telus happen to mention how much they'd be charging?

Honestly, with Bell doing it at $5 a month, I'd be surprised if all of the other carriers didn't match it.  (even though the US carriers are charging $10).

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Open_Mobile

Telus via Facebook told me $10 per month but said they should be matching it with Bells offer.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @phopp

Compesation for what exactly? Your services as they should. The only reason you will get a compensation would be if your service does not work or has issues. They don't give out compensation if a agent made a mistake. We are all humans and make Mistakes.

However the agent should be pulled and trained a bit better and not give any misinformation like that.
I Plan to Stick Around

Good!  I'm hoping Bell has really started something here that we'll all eventually benefit from.  One bucket of data - light up as many devices to share it for $5 per month - each (provided they have an eSIM).

Considering most people are only going to use one or two devices at a time, it really shouldn't be using up a lot of sessions on the carriers base stations.  It's practically free revenue for the carriers for a one-time provisioning.

(ie. why shouldn't they do it?) Smiley Happy

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Open_Mobile

Agreed. Hopefully with this, carriers will start adapting to this and e-sim which is supposed to be coming out with new phones next year ( leaked out to be with the Galaxy S9 model) and start going toward instead of backwards.
I've Been Here Awhile

I just received my new iWatch 3 yesterday.  After calling Rogers for support so that the watch will work independently from the iPhone, they told me that they cannot do it.  Grrrrrrrrr.  I paid $1800 for the new watch with excitement about its untethering.  The technical support person was really pleasant and said he would look into it and call me back.  He did call me back and said that there were no dates for which Rogers would support this product.  I'm now going to explore BELL and TELUS as they apparently support it.  I'm disappointed as I've been with Rogers for about 30 years.  All good things come to an end.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Paul88

Dont know how you paid $1,800 when the highest Apple Watch 3 is $989 and that with taxes is near $1,100.....

As for Rogers, they said they won't support it at the moment and there is a thread already made about this on here. Unfortunately the reps give misinformation all the time ( as i am dealing with this issue right now with my mother and her services for Smart home).

Telus won't support it until December. However Bell does support it as of this moment. Rogers will release the service sometime next year as they said.