LTE Apple watch support and plan

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: LTE Apple watch support and plan

I like Rogers but unfortunately I'll be porting out 5 numbers so I can get 4 apple watches for our family.  

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @canwan

Goodluck with that. Remember to always do reviews on plans / pricing and also reviews from customers before making the jump. 80% of the time customers jump due to a phone / price plan and they realize later on it was a mistake. Just want to point that out.

Always do research.
I've Been Here Awhile

I don't even care if they offer or subsidise the watch.  Anyone that would spend the money on an Apple Watch 3 with cellular can likely afford to buy the watch outright.  Just offer us a package that integrates the calling features and BYOD!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @canwan

Rogers will be offering this service as of next year. They said this before. Once they enable to switches and services to make this happen. If you wish to move carriers, so be it but again do reviews on their plans, pricing and customer reviews.

I've Been Here Awhile

That's not true. All they have said is that (1) they will be reviewing their device portfolio and (2) there has been no timeline for introducing the apple watch. Pricing is the reason I would stay, of course, since I've negotiated myself a nice little plan. All I want is an announcement and timeline - then I'd buy the LTE Apple watch. As it stands, I've ordered myself a AW3 without cellular, because I don't really want to be sitting on a feature for a year, not using it before they update the watch. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @SeamusDDog

" We will look at launching the cellular Apple watch next year as we build system functionality to support this technology based on open standards."

This is a official Rogers representative. This comment is now being sent out to Everyone.

So yes they have given a time line "next year" not specific as many want but they are giving one out. Pricing won't be given until they announce the actual date of release of the service. Most likely the same as Rogers.

I Plan to Stick Around

Umm "look at launching" is not a commitment to launch.  It's ambiguous enough in tone to be supported by their device review process.  

Rogers need to actually commit to adding it to their device portfolio and a timeline.  

Otherwise, their customer base would be smart to wait for the Apple Watch Series 4...(or switch carriers).  Really depends on how soon they want to experience this technology (and if the competing carriers will match the plans they have with Rogers today).

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Open_Mobile

While that is true, it's still something rather then nothing.

I do agree they really need to give us a date though. I has given a Samsung Gear S3 Frontier LTE for free from Samsung last year and had to sell it because it wasn't supported on the networks and was kinda useless.
I've Been Here Awhile

This is the latest I've seen from Rogers: where did you pull your comment from?

Even the last response from @RogersHelps is even less committed, and is the same as it was in the past: "it will be something we look at next year as we build system functionality to support this technology based on open standard." No "looking to launch the Apple Watch." Words do matter. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @SeamusDDog

Got it as a reply by the rep on Facebook and another user here got the same response. That's how I got it.