cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTE Apple watch support and plan

Jay_Starks
I plan to stick around

Any idea on when the new Lte Apple watch will be supported on the Rogers network? If it is supported what would be the price plan? 

***Added Labels***

369 REPLIES 369

Re: LTE Apple watch support and plan

nknknkn
I've been here awhile

+1 on Rogers supporting the Apple Watch 3 LTE

Definitely considering switching to Telus if support is not announced by the time Telus makes it available.

It seems that Rogers cannot offer the Apple Watch LTE because their network needs to be upgraded. Bell made a great marketing move in readying theirs. Rogers will be surprised how many people switch.. not over a “watch” but over a next generation device that heralds the future of connectivity. Health apps, music connections, deviceless calling. This is no “watch” just like the iPhone was no mere “phone”. Rogers has missed the boat. Bell wins.

And one more thing...

Rigers is MIA in integration with Apple TV.Rogers cable box is so outdated. Their attempt at all digital TV ended in failure.

I also like CRAVE tv: the Rogers equivalent is history. What was it called...?

And magazines.. texture is nice but Bell’s linkup with Press Reader is better with more choices.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Trk1951

Rogers was the only one to bring the iPhone 3G to Canada because the had GSM. Bell and Telus did not until I believe the 3GS or 4.

I get what u are saying but again it's everyone's decision on how they see it. Rogers most likely will get it at a later time or rather see the demand before they put millions into it. Rogers is bringing out their IPTV with Comcast in 2018. They do have alot of issues with their boxes and interface I do agree to that. Shomi was over all a Rogers and Shaw problem which happened to be that it did not make the cut as many still used Netflix and crave TV or other apps. It failed because many did not go for it even when it was free.

This has to do with the Apple watch and not all the other products they own. Let's stay on topic here...

deeplakes
I plan to stick around

Rogers not supporting the new watch?

Bye...moving to a tech company that keeps up with the latest tech

BTW with LTE is no longer just a watch

If the topic is “leaving Rogers over Apple Watch“, then giving other reasons for leaving Rogers is in fact on topic.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Trk1951

The topic of this thread it called " LTE Apple watch support and plan".

It has nothing to do with their other service such as cable, internet or apps. It's about the watch.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @deeplakes

No one said Rogers will never support it. Rogers made a comment that at this moment they are focusing on the new iPhones and not on the watch. Maybe they will support it in a couple of months or weeks. Who knows.

In the end to each their own.

Bill___
I plan to stick around

They will be given some time to come onboard, but certainly the big three are all expected to support this within a reasonable time.....Rogers should be mindful of this.

toaste73
I plan to stick around

I just preordered 2 Apple Watch 3’s with Cellular, I’ll give Rogers till the iPhone X preorder date of Oct 27 to get on board with support for the Watch, if nothing changes then I will begin switching my 7 lines to Bell or Telus. 

Rob20
I've been here awhile
If rogers cant support the watch in a timely fashion, or give us some kind of idea on when they will, then I personally will be looking into switching carriers too.

You guys owe your die hard customers a timeline in when we can expect support for the cellular watch.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Rob20

I agree with you but they DON'T own a time or when they will release it. They made a steamer saying at this moment they won't be releasing it. At this time that's the only thing they have said. Most likely they will release it when they see the demand or when time passes but again that's how they are.

Telus hasn't even given a date really when they will release the watch either. Just put a page up for pre registration page to get notified when the pre orders open but won't be release at launch as per Telus.

Rob20
I've been here awhile
I wish rogers would at the very least put up a page for pre-order to show us they'll be working towards bringing us the service.

I remember when rogers was the first to bring us the 3G iPhone many moons ago.

Have they stopped bringing us the most current phones, devices, and features?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Rob20

We can't compare the first iPhone to this as Rogers was the only one at the time with GSM and 3G Networks. That's why they got it first.

In the end I agree they should out up a page but didn't and now this is happening.

Rogers is actually bringing everything that is new to us. Just because they aren't bringing the watch right at launch doesn't mean they won't. Same with Telus. In the end they will release it but in time. We shall see.

nknknkn
I've been here awhile
Agreed. I think the key thing everyone is asking for is a message from Rogers about their commitment to support the watch.

Timing is secondary.

grpalmer
I've been around

If anybody from Rogers is reading this forum topic, please consider updating your website with a little more information regarding your plans for supporting the Apple Watch Series 3 + Cellular.  As has been shown in this forum, there is a great deal of interest in support for this device, and as much as it is a hassle to change providers, if support for the Apple Watch does not come soon, or at least an announcement made soon laying out their intentions, it will be time to switch providers.  As others have stated, I have been waiting for a standalone watch, where I did not need to always carry my phone with me, and this is it.  So, hopefully Rogers will see the importance of this device to their subscriber base, and begin to provide us with options other than to defect to other providers.

pvwatson
I've been here awhile
No Apple Watch support? Guess I'm switching to Bell

Subman
I've been around

I am also a long time Rogers' subscriber and I have a joint plan with girlfriend. I am also a kiteboader and having the ability to call coast guard in an emergency with the Apple Watch is very useful indeed. I will wait a bit for Rogers to sort this out and I will definitely switch if they can not make up their minds by the end of the year. 

DrWag
I've been here awhile

I was shocked and extremely disappointed to discover that one of Canada's major cellular providers was not supporting the first Apple Watch "phone". What were they thinking to opt out of the latest technology and end up losing thousands of tech savvy customers to Bell and Telus. The new Apple Watch will be to smart watches what the iPhone is to smart phones. Apple customers are devout to the brand and will not wait long for Rogers to come on board. Rogers needs to take note and quickly make a clear announcement to stop the mass exodus. I for one have been with Rogers when they were not even called Rogers and will have a hard time to switch, however, if Rogers fails to support the Apple Watch 3 LTE in a timely fashion I'm afraid many of us will have no choice. Rogers CANNOT take the chance and fall behind its competitors. It must commit to the latest technologies without any further delay or ambiguity. 

Rob20
I've been here awhile
Well said DrWag!

DrWag
I've been here awhile

Well said grpalmer!!