Iphone xs/xr/max esim support

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Iphone xs/xr/max esim support

@RogersCorey @RogersLaura @RogersTony @RogersAndy 
Team,
I seriously want to know if Rogers will support eSIM for Phones in the short term, or its something postponed to a further notice?
I bought the new phone to have more than one number on it. Now I can't. Good that Bell is offering it currently
So, I am at stake now to take a decision. Should I wait you guys to activate it soon, or explore other options?

I need an answer ASAP, and if you didn't, I will consider it, You don't have a plan for eSIM

Rgds!!

I've Been Around

I don't understand why Rogers is Radio Silent on this topic.

On the Apple website it says Rogers supports esims, on the Rogers website there is not a word about esims or the timing of introducing esims.

I bought an iPhone Xs in order to use esim technology while traveling and I never thought, nine-months in that Rogers would still have not introduced the technology or would be so unwilling to even address the topic.

I expect more as a consumer, please let your customers know what's happening.

John 

I Plan to Stick Around

VERY UPSETTING

I am about to pull the trigger to be honest, and explore other alternatives

Marketing & Product Management are the one to be blamed for keeping silent, and causing hikes in Churn rates. I think 2019 won't be a good year for Rogers Mobility!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The thing is that even if a few people within Rogers know the exact timeline of the esim support rollout, if communication to the general public has not been approved there will be radio silence on the subject.

I'm a Regular

I'm Here A Lot

Does any one know about the connection speed improvement of using esim ? My understanding is that the connection between our phone as provider has to improved and the quality of service will for sure the best one.
I'm Here A Lot

As usual, Rogers has done a poor job of introducing eSIM...

https://www.iphoneincanada.ca/carriers/rogers/rogers-esim-iphone-xs-business/

- Only for business clients

- No number porting

- cumbersome setup

- limited plans

(Edited Post - Keep it clean. - RogersTony)

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

That’s why I took the shortcut and moved to Bell. They have even competitive offers to what ROGERS is offering to consumers. It’s sad I have been with Rogers since many years and they didn’t appreciate that. Marketing team for ROGERS Mobility has to get replaced I guess lol
I Plan to Stick Around

Yea not fare in order to use esim you have to sign up a new line. Can’t use existing line which is very misleading. Reason I got the xs max was for dual sim purpose so I wouldn’t have to carry two phones. Very disappointed!!
I've Been Here Awhile

What is the point if you can’t keep the same phone number ? Even for business customer ! Since I already have my existing phone number advertised for many years, and most of my existing customer in that phone number. Now I need to change my phone number, just because Rogers want a better looking book on activation!?
I am going to Bell.