cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone xs/xr/max esim support

Dean604
I plan to stick around

Hi

Looks like Rogers will have esim support for the series 4 watch - but I have not seen anything regarding esim support for the new phones -- Bell was highlighted but not a peep from Rogers.

Will Rogers support esims for the new iphones and if so, what is the ETA?

75 REPLIES 75

Re: Iphone xs/xr/max esim support

nasa25
I'm a trusted contributor
The thing is that even if a few people within Rogers know the exact timeline of the esim support rollout, if communication to the general public has not been approved there will be radio silence on the subject.

cafekief
I'm an enthusiast

gezimcela
I'm here a lot
Does any one know about the connection speed improvement of using esim ? My understanding is that the connection between our phone as provider has to improved and the quality of service will for sure the best one.

Happyhuh
I'm here a lot

As usual, Rogers has done a poor job of introducing eSIM...

https://www.iphoneincanada.ca/carriers/rogers/rogers-esim-iphone-xs-business/

- Only for business clients

- No number porting

- cumbersome setup

- limited plans

(Edited Post - Keep it clean. - RogersTony)

hatemkamal
I plan to stick around
That’s why I took the shortcut and moved to Bell. They have even competitive offers to what ROGERS is offering to consumers. It’s sad I have been with Rogers since many years and they didn’t appreciate that. Marketing team for ROGERS Mobility has to get replaced I guess lol

navster
I plan to stick around
Yea not fare in order to use esim you have to sign up a new line. Can’t use existing line which is very misleading. Reason I got the xs max was for dual sim purpose so I wouldn’t have to carry two phones. Very disappointed!!

User444
I've been here awhile
What is the point if you can’t keep the same phone number ? Even for business customer ! Since I already have my existing phone number advertised for many years, and most of my existing customer in that phone number. Now I need to change my phone number, just because Rogers want a better looking book on activation!?
I am going to Bell.

hatemkamal
I plan to stick around
Don’t waste your time and move to Bell!

Happyhuh
I'm here a lot

Does anyone know if I can use two different providers with esim? Since there's no viable solution coming from Rogers anytime soon, I am wondering if I can keep my sim with Rogers, but get another esim plan from Fido (or someone else) and use them both on the same phone. Has anyone tried this?

Yes. Without a problem.

Wow that's great to know! I didn't even think of using 2 providers until just now. May I ask which two providers you are using?

Virgin. Bell and Virgin and the only two Canadian operators that support eSIMs. 

RogersDarrell
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey Community!

As of April 24th we have launched eSIM support for eligible devices. In celebration of the launch I've closed this long thread in order to move the conversation over to Dual SIM/eSIM now availble for eligible iPhone XS, XS Max and XR devices.

Thank you for all your patience and participation here in the Rogers Community Forums.

RogersDarrell

Topic Stats