cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone xs/xr/max esim support

Dean604
I plan to stick around

Hi

Looks like Rogers will have esim support for the series 4 watch - but I have not seen anything regarding esim support for the new phones -- Bell was highlighted but not a peep from Rogers.

Will Rogers support esims for the new iphones and if so, what is the ETA?

75 REPLIES 75

Re: Iphone xs/xr/max esim support

hatemkamal
I plan to stick around

@RogersCorey Any Update?!!!!

+1

An ETA will be appreciated. Some of us will jump ships if this feature is not added very soon.

It’s like buying a 4-cylinder car and being told after the fact that you can only use 2 cylinders and the remaining 2 will be enabled in the future.

Unacceptable!

Re: Dual Sim Phone

Does anyone know the status of dual sim use with new Xs Max phone on Rogers. Would seem like we are getting to a point where one has to make a carrier change,....

hatemkamal
I plan to stick around

@RogersCorey Any Update?!!!!

Interestingly the thread is listed as "Solved".  In typical fashion, when no answer is forthcoming the problem is ignored.  

Dean604
I plan to stick around
With all due respect this it not “solved” the question was when will Rogers support esim - until a eta is provided please leave this as unsolved

hatemkamal
I plan to stick around

I am really disappointed with how Rogers is taking this
@RogersCorey Can you please mark this subject as Unsolved, and please work on giving us at least a date when Rogers will support eSIM on iPhone XS/XR? 

nasa25
I'm a trusted contributor
Thread marked as unsolved. Hopefully this is ok.

Can’t help on the ETA though. Sorry guys. Hopefully someone from Rogers will chime in when a firm date is in place.

hatemkamal
I plan to stick around

@RogersCorey 
Any update on when will Rogers support eSIM on iPhone XS/XR?

Happyhuh
I'm here a lot

As it appears that Rogers is not providing any helpful insight into esim support, does anyone here have any recommendations on how I can add a second phone number to my iphone xs max? The whole reason I bought it was to be able to have a second phone line for business through esim, but thats looking like it probably wont happen

hatemkamal
I plan to stick around

We all do have the same purpose. Unfortunately, Bell is the only Telco that stood up so far for their customers, and enabled eSIM on all of the eSIM supported phones (iPhone and others).

I decided to move to Rogers from Bell, cause I always hear Rogers are forerunners in enabling new features compared to the rest of the other Telcos, and that's why I loved them (LTE, Wi-Fi Calling, Visual VM...etc), but I am not sure why they stopped being ahead of the game recently. Looks like Bell is picking up, and I have to revise my decision to keep staying with Rogers!

nasa25
I'm a trusted contributor

I'm not 100% sure but Bell might also have exclusive rights to these new Apple features for a set period of time.  I don't think Telus offers esim support either.

If you recall, Bell was the only carrier to support the LTE Apple Watch for a few months until Telus jumped on board (and then Rogers jumped on board after that).  

hatemkamal
I plan to stick around

Correct. for 3 months, which ended the 31st of January. Telus has it, but not publicly announcing it for some reason. I saw friends with Google Pixel using the eSIM on Telus. Its only Rogers who doesn't speak at all on even the ETA to support it!

hatemkamal
I plan to stick around

@RogersCorey @RogersYasmine 

Team,
Any update on when will Rogers support eSIM on iPhone XS/XR?

Hello @hatemkamal,

We appreciate you taking the time to post your concern in our Community.

I love new technology and the Esim is a pretty huge step forward so I am excited to hear more information about when it will be available at Rogers. Regrettably, we do not have an update to share at this time. Once we do have a specific timeframe as to when it will be available we will ensure the Community is updated.

I hope it is soon! 

RogersTony

hatemkamal
I plan to stick around

So the update you are replying me with is....No Update 😄

Qubit
I plan to stick around
Thanks for the reply! I was wondering if there’s perhaps any way to let know the corresponding decision making bodies in Rogers that there is definitely a lot of interest in seeing Rogers adopt this technology. Does discussing it on this forum count as that?

Hey @

We definitely appreciate the feedback and we'll be happy to pass the word along! Should we have any further updates we'll definitely keep the community posted.

@RogersAndy

hatemkamal
I plan to stick around

@RogersCorey @RogersLaura @RogersTony @RogersAndy 
Team,
I seriously want to know if Rogers will support eSIM for Phones in the short term, or its something postponed to a further notice?
I bought the new phone to have more than one number on it. Now I can't. Good that Bell is offering it currently
So, I am at stake now to take a decision. Should I wait you guys to activate it soon, or explore other options?

I need an answer ASAP, and if you didn't, I will consider it, You don't have a plan for eSIM

Rgds!!

I don't understand why Rogers is Radio Silent on this topic.

On the Apple website it says Rogers supports esims, on the Rogers website there is not a word about esims or the timing of introducing esims.

I bought an iPhone Xs in order to use esim technology while traveling and I never thought, nine-months in that Rogers would still have not introduced the technology or would be so unwilling to even address the topic.

I expect more as a consumer, please let your customers know what's happening.

John 

hatemkamal
I plan to stick around

VERY UPSETTING

I am about to pull the trigger to be honest, and explore other alternatives

Marketing & Product Management are the one to be blamed for keeping silent, and causing hikes in Churn rates. I think 2019 won't be a good year for Rogers Mobility!

Topic Stats