Iphone xs/xr/max esim support

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Iphone xs/xr/max esim support

So Rogers supports the esim, according to Apple's website.

When will we actually see it at Rogers?

I'm Here A Lot

Please Rogers, help us out! When can I switch to esim?

https://www.iphoneincanada.ca/carriers/rogers/rogers-fido-esim-apple/

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hey @Felipetoronto & @john99999

Apple never actually announced Rogers supported it. Someone just added them 2 under the a list however not the actual carrier list. It could change and be removed or Rogers will be officially added soon. From the link that was posted on the above post

" Someone may have accidentally updated these pages prematurely. Apple’s support page for customers to “Find wireless carriers that offer eSIM service” still only lists Bell and Virgin"
I'm Here A Lot

went to a rogrers store downtown toronto. they said it's coming but not yet available.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Felipetoronto

Yes its coming but it could be in a few weeks or next month. Usually Bell always as a 90 days exclusive rights for many features / services and then the rest get it.

We shall see. Until then they may not share a ETA.
I've Been Here Awhile

Yesterday apple updated their website it says rogers and fido are supporting e-sim. I think it will take couple of weeks for rogers to implement it . I just had a chat with rogers representative he said e sim is coming for iphones but they don’t know the specific date.
I'm Here A Lot

Rogers is now officially listed on the Apple website now as carrier in Canada that offer eSIM for the new dual SIM iphones.

https://support.apple.com/kb/ht209096

I Plan to Stick Around

Any news as to when we could do the switch o esim? I plan to travel next week and it would be super convenient if I could have a Rogers esim and put another physical sim on my phone Smiley Happy

Hello @Qubit!

At this time, you can only use a physical SIM card for your Rogers or Fido line and the eSIM can be used for another plan with another carrier.

Regards,

RogersCorey

I Plan to Stick Around

Hello Corey!

But isn't this precisely what's going to change when Rogers implements what apple arealdy annouced here? https://www.iphoneincanada.ca/carriers/rogers/rogers-fido-esim-apple/

According to this I should be able to have an eSIM for Rogers and then a physical SIM card for another foreign carrier.

Am I understanding this wrong?