Iphone Data Usage Issue

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: Iphone Data Usage Issue

Hi everyone,

How exactly to we set up automatic emails/txts concerning how much data we've used?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You can't.

But you can download the myrogers account app where you can check your usage at any time

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello frenchman12

Unfortunately Rogers nor other carriers offer this service atm. Maybe in the future they will but not right now.

Like Gdkitty said.. You can download the My Rogers app and have that app to view the usage you do. You can also download some apps which show you how much data you have used and in ur setting IOS shows how much data each app uses. That's helpful as well.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

hi if i turn off all data on my phone would i still recive data charges ?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello hottiecindy

No you will not but this means nothing on the phone that uses data will work unless you use WiFi. Disable data and make sure it's off when you don't want to use it. If u turn on WiFi, you will be fine.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Second month in a row my daughters new iphone (activated in Dec 2014) has overages, despite following the instructions on Rogers website to limit cellular data, and to use wifi only.  She never came close doing the same things on her Samsung Galaxy 3.

Yes, when I called the supervisor wiped the charges (however initial customer rep was very unhelpful).  However, you can't tell me there isn't a way that Rogers can't cap data usuage on request.  It's teens using these phones and parents paying the bill.  There would be a simple fix but Rogers is raking in too much money on these overages to care.  I think the CRTC needs to look into this scam.  Anyone else still experiencing these excess overage charges even after completing their insturctions on prevention?

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I share a 3 GB plan with my daughter. She keeps going way over on the data. Can I turn off just her data(so she can just use wifi and send texts and emails?)  when I get a warning from Rogers? Then I would turn hers back on at the beginning of the next billing cycle

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

There are usually settings within the phone to shut off data, but I don't think there's anything that can be done at the carrier level...

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello dmmorrow

You can shut off the data using the settings in the phone built in. This will just shut off data usage so no apps or the internet won't be able to be accessed unless you are on WiFi.

From what i know there is no way Rogers can shut data off unless u suspend ur whole account..

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Clearly, if the parents are paying for the data, the daughter isn't going to turn it off on her phone. Perhaps Rogers should have a family plan where the primary owner can control their children's data use from their own phone.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario