Iphone 4 and Rogers email accounts

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Iphone 4 and Rogers email accounts

I'm trying to add 2 other Rogers email accounts  I have and my iphone won't do it right.

I've tried the "yahoo" and the "other" types of accounts and neither work.  The yahoo keeps telling me I have no password and the other can't seem to connect to any server.

Anyone have instructions on how to add ***@rogers.com emails to my iphone???

****Edited Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Iphone 4 and Rogers email accounts

Going through the yahoo choice, when adding an email, should work, i did this for my sister in law, with her iphone.

As for mine, i have it set up to do manualy, pop.  But you can do it imap as well.

POP server:  pop.broadband.rogers.com

smtp server: smtp.broadband.rogers.com

Imap server:  imap.mail.yahoo.com

Go into add a new email to the phone, choose other, then fill in your email/password, on the next screen fillin the addresses above.

I Plan to Stick Around

That did the trick. Funny I had done the exact same thing and it kept prompting me for passwords afterwards. Weird.
I've Been Here Awhile

The email setup I had on my iPhone was working fine. When I updated the iOS to 6 my other email addresses configurations are still working but my rogers address will not work.
I tried as "other" type of account with pop and and I also tried as "yahoo" type. With yahoo it will not recognize my password and with other it will not connect to the network
Any ideas?

I've Been Here Awhile

smtp.broadband.rogers.com is not responding. Is there a new way to enter this?

Does anyone know the server port?
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Server seems to be responding fine here, on my iphone 4, 6+ iOS, with smtp.broadband.rogers.com as my outgoing address.

you are using your FULL email address/password for the login for the sending?

I'm an Advisor

I have an iPhone 4S with iOS 6.1.3 and it works fine with the Rogers POP and SMTP broadband servers.

I've Been Here Awhile

IPhone 4G 32 GB

iOS 7.0.4

Attempting to add email address @rogers.com

Can anyone provide technical assistance to accomplish this task.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Easiest and best way?

Is go into the add an email secction.. and where it gives you a list of choices.. exchange, etc.. choose yahoo.

Enter in your credentials.. it will verify them.. and thats it!

This is using the IMAP type of email connection.. which all and all is best.. as anything which comes in and you delete there, will delete on the server as well.. so no having to double delete if you log into the webmail, etc later.

I've Been Here Awhile

Done, Thank you.