Imap Mail?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Imap Mail?

Does Rogers support Imap mail?  I can't seem to find any settings on the site.  If not, what are people using to sync Iphone/Home Email/ Webmail/ Ipads??

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Imap Mail?

Do you mean @rogers.com address? If so then configure it as Yahoo mail with your @rogers.com credentials (ie. username is <user>@rogers.com). You will get the full Push experience that way.

Otherwise, the data network supports IMAP access, as long as your mail server has IMAP.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

I have a gmail account and my work Exchange account set up for Push, but no matter what I try with my Rogers email accounts it seems to fetch instead of push. Are there specific steps I need to do to set it for push?  I have tried setting it up as an IMAP account and have it set to Push under Fetch New Data settings, but it still ends up fetching and not pushing. 

I've Been Here Awhile

I want to use my private business domain for my email and have it come in to all my devices: iMac,iPhone, iPad, Air.

I cannot seem to find the proper settings to add an IMAP account to Apple Mail. Rogers is of course my ISP. Are they preventing this?

thank you

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

you can enter the settings from your doman provider, it shold work, i was able to use my own domain

Hey Community,

The following steps explain how to set up Rogers.com (IMAP) emails on devices running Apple iOS.

Settings for IMAP:

• Email Address: <name>@rogers.com
  • Incoming Server: imap.mail.yahoo.com
  • Outgoing Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
  • Incoming Port: 993 (requires SSL)
  • Outgoing Port: 465 (requires SSL/TLS)
  1. Tap on Settings.
  2. Tap on Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
  3. Tap on Add Account.
  4. Tap on Other.
  5. Tap on Add Mail Account.

You will now have to input the following information:

• Name
  • Email
  • Password
  • Description

6. Tap on Next.

7. You will now have access to select the items they want to sync with their email.

8. Click Save.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude