IPhone XS Max

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

IPhone XS Max

Random issues which I'll list below I have been having since I got the phone a day or 2 after it launched on Rogers. 

1. Calls constantly failing when I'm trying to dial out.

2. Calls dropping when I have 2 other people on the line at the same time.

3. Reduced date speeds on the cellular network instead of consistent speeds.

4. The new issue today, I sounded like a robot to anyone I called. Even after restarting the phone multiple times and turning airplane mode on and off multiple times.

I have reset all cellular network settings twice now. I am also on the latest update that Apple pushed out. For my job, I am always on my phone and need this to be 100% functioning. Am I doing something wrong or do I just have a lemon? Help, please!!

***Added Labels***

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: IPhone XS Max

Hello @trippyj1

3). Everyone is having this issue. It's a known issue that many in the US, Canada and Europe are having with. Apple hasn't come forward yet to claim it's a issue but it is. So Rogers unfortunately can't do much about that.

The rest sound like It's a connection issue. Have you led Rogers to have then reset ur account and see if that works?

Have you tried to do a reset on the network via the settings on the iPhone? Did you change the sim card to a new one?
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi all,
I’ve been having this same issue consistently. Tonnes of “call failed” messages for outgoing and incoming calls.
Is changing the sim card actually a viable solution? I have used my existing SIM card for about 2 years on an iPhone 7 Plus.

I called Rogers back and forth about 3 times and they said they fixed the problem but it still continues.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @TheApprentice

Try going to the store and asking for a sim card because tech support notified you that your old one may be defective. They should simply give u one for free and activate it for u.

Sometimes some sim cards do fail on their own. So it could be that.

It could also be a varies of other reasons. Many on the Apple forums and around the tech sites are complaining about poor WiFi / LTE connectivity and also poor reception as well. Some have reported in the states about the Call failed as well.

So if the sim card trick doesn't work or resetting the networks via the settings, I would highly booking a appointment at ur closest Apple store and see if they can figure something out.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@tripppyj1 wrote:

Random issues which I'll list below I have been having since I got the phone a day or 2 after it launched on Rogers. 

1. Calls constantly failing when I'm trying to dial out.

2. Calls dropping when I have 2 other people on the line at the same time.

3. Reduced date speeds on the cellular network instead of consistent speeds.

4. The new issue today, I sounded like a robot to anyone I called. Even after restarting the phone multiple times and turning airplane mode on and off multiple times.

I have reset all cellular network settings twice now. I am also on the latest update that Apple pushed out. For my job, I am always on my phone and need this to be 100% functioning. Am I doing something wrong or do I just have a lemon? Help, please!!

***Added Labels***

@tripppyj1

This issue is huge and affecting a lot of people, it's an Apple issue, and not a Carrier issue. The Antenna design and/or modem is causing all sorts of trouble for people. 

Is the mobile reception on the xs Max even worse than iPhone X ?

Don't waste time swapping SIM cards, or having Rogers "reset" your account from the back end. From reading the thread some people have had success swapping the phone, but other people say the replacement is the same. 

I Plan to Stick Around

I went to a store to get a SIM card swap and they said that they have to charge me for it, further more I asked if it was necessary to change it and they said no, since it’s working and connected to the network.
I devided not to spend money on the card because I had zero issues with my iPhone 7 Plus and took the existing SIM card out of that phone and put it into the XS Max with issues.
Nonetheless I finally went to online apple support to look into it.
They ran a call test and found more than 20% of my calls were failing. They said 10% is what they consider really bad.
They of course recommended a reset of the device. Did that, same issue.
They have now decided to replace the device. No apple store appointments available all weekend so I will have a replacement on Monday.
I’ll update here if the replacement solves the issue.

Tonight alone I had approx 10 dropped calls with the same person. Sigh.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @TheApprentice

Hmm seems like the store doesn't like to help it's customers out. Usually they give them out to the customers thag tell them they have already called in and spoke to customer support.

None the less I'm not having this issue with my iPhone Xs Max with another carrier I am with. However my buddy on Rogers is. He swapped out the phone and it's still causing issues.

Get another iPhone from Apple and see if it still happens. You may be lucky and not have this issue again.
I Plan to Stick Around

I went back to the store and spoke to a different rep. Mentioned again that tech recommended a sim swap. She insisted I had to pay $10 but I insisted back that “I was told” it should be free, she then did it for me.
After swapping it, the second phone call failed. Insert *upside down smiley emoji”.

Fingers crossed the apple swap works, but now I’m so wary based on your story of your friend’s device that the issue might persist.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @TheApprentice

Hmm then hopefully it does fix with the exchange of the devices. Reading on the Apple Community forums that some did the exchange and it worked but some did and it continued on that device.

I am hoping with the exchange it will stop. This is a big problem with Apple and they aren't taking care of it let alone come out clean.
I Plan to Stick Around

Got my replacement and had over a dozen calls fail today.
I cannot keep dealing with this nonsense. I have a $2000 phone that can’t even function properly as a phone.