I have a Really old Samsung Flip Phone, Just upgraded to an Iphone 4s. I want the photos!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

I have a Really old Samsung Flip Phone, Just upgraded to an Iphone 4s. I want the photos!

I have a Really old Samsung Flip Phone, but Just upgraded to an Iphone 4s... I want the photos from old phone on New phone

So what I want to do is transfer the photo's from my old crappy Samsung Flip phone onto my New Iphone 4S. Is it as simple as putting my Samsung flip phones Sim Card into my new Iphone 4S or will I make my Iphone a brick if I try that? How else might I be able to accomplish this goal?

I know that when I first got my flip phone I was able to transfer my photos to the internet, but my Sim card is no longer active... (And it cost money to do... It was about 5 years ago at least...)

Help?

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: I have a Really old Samsung Flip Phone, Just upgraded to an Iphone 4s. I want the photos!

The only thing I can imagine would work to transfer pictures from an old phone is to temporarily activate it with a simple pay as you go sim that includes MMS capabilities. That way, you can forward your pictures across to your new device. I also believe Rogers pay-as-you-go customers can also forward them via internet/email but I could be wrong. It may be ideal for a few pictures but if you have hundreds, I got no advice for that.

Good luck.

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: I have a Really old Samsung Flip Phone, Just upgraded to an Iphone 4s. I want the photos!

I think my photos are saved on the Sim card, But thanks anyway!

Anyone else know if putting my old Sim Card in my New Iphone 4s will turn my Iphone 4s into a brick?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

photos are unfortunately not stored on a sim card, sim card only holds your sim address book. your photos might either be on the phones hard drive or on a memory card if your phone has one.  otherwise, to answer part 2, you likely wont be able to put the samsung flip sim card in the i phone 4s as the iphone only accepts smaller sized sim card. sorry. 

heres a suggestion might work, if ur samsung has a usb connector try connecting the cable to your computer and see if u can retreive the photos, otherwise, u can try blue toothing them.

I'm an Advisor

Is there a way you can email the photos to yourself from the old phone or transfer them to a computer? I'd think something like that might work.