cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't send texts to one person

Norir
I've been here awhile

So as the title say I am unable to send texts to one person. I can call them perfectly fine and the texts register as sent, but the person never gets the texts. I receive their texts and calls as well. I had this problem on my last phone, a Samsung Galaxy S2 (Model: SGH-i757M), and still have it on my new phone, an iPhone 5s (Model: A1533). This problem only happens with one person.

***Added Labels***

7 REPLIES 7

Re: I can't send texts to one person

nasa25
I'm a trusted contributor
Do they get incoming texts from other people without a problem?

Norir
I've been here awhile

Yes they do receive texts from other people.

Good evening @Norir,

Welcome to the Forums and thank you for posting!

I can imagine how frustrating it must be to be unable to correspond through text messaging with a specific number. We look forward in helping you resolve this issue.

Do you know if it was a number you previously were corresponding with through iMessage before they/you changed phone (or vice versa)? What type of phone are they currently using?

It would be very useful to get some more details on the troubleshooting steps you've gone through so far, as well as any error message you may have seen. 

Do you know if they may have blocked SMS from your number at a certain point and forgot that it had been done? You may want to ask the recipient to check. I know it may sound silly but it happens more commonly than you'd think.

Looking forward to your reply!

RogersMaude

Norir
I've been here awhile

Hello, sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you. They checked and they didn't have my number blocked. They are using a Samsung Galaxy Note 3. They use to get my texts, but it looks like sometime in October they just stopped getting my messages.

As far as the troubleshooting I've tried in no particular order, changing phones, getting a new SIM card, and made sure we haven't blocked each other. I haven't gotten any error messages at all.

Hello, @Norir.

Thank you for all the troubleshooting you have done so far; not getting any error message indicates the text has no issues in leaving the Rogers' SMS center (SMSC) and reaching the recipient's SMSC. 

It seems like the recipient's SMSC is not able to deliver the message to the recipient for some reason. 

If you have not reached out the tech support yet, please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps so that we can run a trace to identify the root cause of the failure. Please check our blog if you require assistance with the private messaging.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Was this problem fix i have the same issue. Can't send text to one person when im not on lte, but as soon that lte is on i can send text. I have tried when I'm not on lte with other phone users and they receive my texts that I'm on lte or not. I'm using a Pixel 2 XL.

Hello, @Freeez.

Thank you for joining this thread and welcome to Rogers Community Forums! 

It's quite puzzling that you can send a text to this specific contact while on cellular connection but not on WiFi. Are you able to receive a text from this contact while on WiFi? Are you getting any error messages?

Have you recently restored your contacts from the backup? 

You can try adding 1 in front of the contact number or removing it if it's there and try sending the text. 

Please keep us posted. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 in conversation