How to turn on speaker phone for voice mail on iphone 4s

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

How to turn on speaker phone for voice mail on iphone 4s

I don't know whether this has been mentioned or not but I'd like to know how do you turn on speaker phone when checking voice mail? I have an iphone 4s had it for about a month now. I seem to remember being able to turn on speaker phone on my android while in the voice mail system and wondering if this can also be done on iphone 4s? I know you can turn on speaker phone while you're talking to someone but I don't see the option while in the voice mail system.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: How to turn on speaker phone for voice mail on iphone 4s

Well since nobody has responded to me fast enough. I found out through a friend on skype. and this tip may help others as well. when placing a call to voice mail hit hide keypad and speaker phone is located right in there.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

ah, thats what i was thinking..

Sorry i didnt comment.. but i have visual voicemail now, and couldnt remember correctly.. and didnt want to give you the wrong info.

Glad to hear you got it figured out.

I'm an Advisor

diveman:

The phone call features are explained in great detail in the user manual. If you don't already have it, I suggest you download the iOS 6 iPhone User Manual, which is the current version, assuming you're on iOS 6. I believe older iOS versions can be downloaded as well. They are available on the Apple web site.

I've Been Around

Normally it sets this up automatically and asks for your voicemail pin. Check under settings->phone->change voicemail password. Use your voicemail password you have set up if normally calling into a number (Ex - Verizon is *86).

If that doesn't work there was a bit of an issue on the iPhone 4, which required a couple of voicemails before being prompted to enter in your password pin. So, you can always try to leave yourself a couple of messages and try to retrieve them on your phone until prompted.

Once it is set up though you should be able to click the message under the voicemail tab and you'll see a play triangle on the left hand side of the message to play the message. Good luck.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@jonestock

That would be for the visual voice mail.
The OP was talking about regular voicemail.

I've Been Around

In order to recover lost voicemails of iPhone, you can read the following steps:
Option 1
1. Launch the Phone application- iPhone Data Recovery
2. Go to the dial pad
3. Press and hold 1 to access your voice mail the old fashioned way
4. Check your messages
5. End the call to voice mail
Using another phone call your iPhone and leave a message
Option 2
1. Launch the Settings app
2. Select General
3. Select Reset
4. Select Reset Network Settings
5. Allow the iPhone to reboot

Now on PPV
BARE KNUCKLE FC 9: LOBOV VS. KNIGHT 2
LIVE: Saturday, November 16, 2019 9PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $39.99 (HD) | $39.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $39.99
DTV & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship returns with BKFC 9, featuring the rematch of April’s “The Fight of the Year” between former UFC star Artem Lobov and Jason Knight.

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 in conversation