History of Instant Messages on iPhone.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

History of Instant Messages on iPhone.

Good evening. I was wondering if I am able to get access to my history of iMessages within my iPhone. The other party has deleted our conversations and so I can't get access to them. I also have an iCloud account if that helps. Please can someone help me? Thank you so much!

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: History of Instant Messages on iPhone.

@Bingejunkie I just did a google search, it doesn't look possible. You could try restoring the phone from a backup before the conversations got deleted, but no gurantee that will work.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Bingejunkie

Unfortunately the only way that is possible is if you back up the device daily or weekly on iTunes or iCloud and the messages would save that wait. Then restore the device and get them back.

Sadly there is no other way other then that way. Some may say that there is a via websites but i would never trust that. Always back up the device via iTunes or iCloud and that way it will back up everything.
I've Been Here Awhile

Where do I go in iTunes or iCloud to find my iMessage history?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Bingejunkie

You can't find it individual. You would need to do a restore of the last back up that was done. So if u did a back up of the device last week, restore that back up and any iMessage or text should appear.

Do remember that if you haven't backed up the device in a while, most likely the iMessages or text messages aren't there.

When plugging the device into iTunes, on the main screen on the right hand side it shows "Back Up" and " Restore". Click restore and follow the instructions. Remember it will restore the whole device with the last backup and any text messages u have made today or after that back up, won't appear and be lost.
I'm a Regular

@Bingejunkie

This won't help you now, but for future, there is another perk to Rogers/Fido customers -- it isn't iMessage based, so only SMS, so you'd have to keep iMessage disabled, but almost all plans have unlimited messaging (txt, photo video, etc) ...

It is called Rogers Extreme Messaging, and it allows you to setup a email copy/forward -- so all incoming/outgoing SMS messages are copied to an email address or another number -- then within your email (outlook, hotmail, gmail) can setup a filter to automatically store those messages as they come in, so you don't get bombarded with emails in your main inbox -- then when you need a txt for reference, you can use the search in your email.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@b-ry wrote:

@Bingejunkie

This won't help you now, but for future, there is another perk to Rogers/Fido customers -- it isn't iMessage based, so only SMS, so you'd have to keep iMessage disabled, but almost all plans have unlimited messaging (txt, photo video, etc) ...

It is called Rogers Extreme Messaging, and it allows you to setup a email copy/forward -- so all incoming/outgoing SMS messages are copied to an email address or another number -- then within your email (outlook, hotmail, gmail) can setup a filter to automatically store those messages as they come in, so you don't get bombarded with emails in your main inbox -- then when you need a txt for reference, you can use the search in your email.

that is actually a pretty good feature to have.