Facetime got confused with Long distance

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Facetime got confused with Long distance

Hi,

I just received a huge long distance bill. I frequently talk to a friend overseas using facetime. By mistake I must of hit his mobile number in Latin America (the number we use to connect with Facetime). 

When placing this call I received no warining at all that this was a long distance call, no beep, no audio message, nothing. It easly went through to 7,000 miles away! I just happened to notice this terrible mistake when receiving my bill.

I can't even find a configuration to disable long distance calls. And in the end, if I disable them, I wouldn't be able to make calls to and from Toronto-Montreal-Ottawa ("shorter" long distance calls that every once in a while I do need to make).

This is very dissapointing. I think iPhone and Rogers make this easy to happen. Thanks.

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersMay
Retired Moderator

Re: Facetime got confused with Long distance

Hello @Cholo,

Welcome to the Community Forums! 🙂

I understand mishaps could happen 😞

To avoid such scenarios from happening again, we do offer users an option to place a block only for international long distance calls and still be able to make North American calls.

Please send us a private message @CommunityHelps if you would like for us to add this block for you. 🙂

RogersMay

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks very much

I've Been Here Awhile

Yes, please block the service. I have struggled to do it myself. 

Thanks

Retired Moderator RogersGabrielle
Retired Moderator

@Cholo,

We have reached out to you via private message a couple weeks back but did not get a response. Putting the block onto your account requires us to get your account information.

Please send us a private message the next time you are online to @CommunityHelps and we can assist you further from there.

@RogersGabrielle