Emails disappear on iPhone 6s

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Emails disappear on iPhone 6s

I recently upgraded to a iPhone 6s and added my Cogeco email accout using the 'other' accout option, following the instructions and checking that all settings are correct.  I have even deleted the account, turned the phone off, restarted, added the Cogeco account, checked settings, turned the phone off and then back on again.  Received emails but only a days worth, go out of the mail app, go back in to the mail app and get a no mail message.  This has been going on for a few weeks.  Sometimes there is mail there but not all of it and sometimes I get the no mail message.  Very fustrating.

Anyone have any ideas or solutions to try?

Thanks

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator

Re: Emails disappear on iPhone 6s

Hi @dinos1000

Thanks for posting on the Community Forums!

Are you by any chance using an email client such as Outlook to manage the email address on your computer?

Let us know and we can troubleshoot further.

@RogersPrasana

I'm Here A Lot

Yes I am using Outlook

I'm Here A Lot

Also the incoming mail server is POP in Outlook

Good evening @dinos1000,

Thank you for confirming this information.

I do not have the same phone as you, however, I do use Outlook on a regular basis too.

I noticed that, while my emails are simply organized by date when I access my inbox on a desktop, it is not the same on my cellphone device.

The Outlook application automatically organizes the emails by either "Focused" or "Other". Take a look at the screenshot below:

Screenshot_20160425-174942.jpg

In order to see the missing emails, you might have to pick "Other" if you are viewing the ones under the "Focused" tab, and vice versa.

You can also access the "Option" menu to see if you need to adjust the following settings :

• Check your Junk folder
  • Check your inbox filter and sort settings
  • Check your Blocked and Safe senders lists
  • Check your junk email settings
  • Check your Reply-to address
  • Check your Email Rules
  • Check email forwarding
  • Check if your inbox is full

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

I'm Here A Lot

Ok Prasana

Your question got me thinking.  The incoming mail server for Outlook on my computer is POP.  The one on the iPhone is IMAP.  A little investigation on the difference between the two explains why the emails disappear.  With POP the emails are saved on the computer hardrive  and with IMAP the emails are save on the email server which the iPhone can also access.

Had to first delete my Cogeco POP account and then create a Cogeco IMAP account with the same email address and password.  Move the old emails from my hard drive to the email server, checked the iPhone mail and all the emails for the past 3 months are there.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction

Note;  The email account with Cogeco was set up many years ago and the only option may have been to set up as a POP,

I'm Here A Lot

Thanks Maude for the post.

Have been able to fiqure out a solution

Wonderful Smiley Very Happy

Thank you for updating the Community!

We're very happy to know it is resolved.

RogersMaude