ESN

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

ESN

What number do I call to check on a Rogers Iphone 5 to be sure it is Ok before buying.?

I have bought Iphones for my use before with no problem, this is for my Son's Wife and it is in tyhe US.

The seller is not an issue but I want to confirm it is not a blacklisted phone.

thanks

Bob

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: ESN

Hello blackie1491

You need to call 1888- 764- 3771. You will get a auto reply BUT press 3-00000. It will get u a live agent. When u get to a live agent, explain what u want. They will ask for the IMEI number.  See if they can help u. Sadly all they will see is if it active on someone's account or has warranty. At times they may not be able to see if it's been blacklisted or not. I am sure tho they will see if it has been reported stolen and what not. 

Also ask the seller or what not to give u the IMEI and SN number.

I've Been Here Awhile

I have the SN and have checked thru Apple, still has Tech Service and warranty.

It was the length of Tech. service that got me to ask for a way to check with Roger's.

Thanks

Bob

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello blackie1491

The iPhone 5 came out and was released on September 21,2012. So even if the user bought it on day 1, the phone still has warranty. 1 year mandatory warranty period. Also u can add apple care + on the phone for another year or 2 years. Many have done this and get extra warranty and tech support.

Depending on when the person bought the phone, it comes with 90 days call tech support. After the 90 days, u need to go to the Apple store.

I've Been Here Awhile

Phone activated June 16/13.
Warranty expires June 15/14
I have never had that much left on my previous Iphones.
I am a senior on limited budget so I try to keep costs down.
Bob
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello blackie1491

Every single phone comes with a 1 year manfacture warranty. All iPhones come with a 1 year limited warranty from Apple. If u call Apple back, the rep will tell u the same.

Depending on what phone u got before and from what city, the phones warranties are different in different countries.

This warranty is just fine. The phone is about a month old. You have 11 months warranty left from Apple. When u get the phone, contact Apple and register the SN and IMEI number to your name so you won't have a issue.

Straight from Apple :

I've Been Here Awhile

I have bought 2 3g, 1 3s and 2 4. I always register with Apple and on my 3 gs was able to extend the warranty another year.

The 90 day Tech had expired on all of then.

Is the ESN and the IMEI the same as both are 15 numbers long, it appears to ESN south of the border and IMEI here..

My 4 is presently downloading IOS 7 beta 4 and it takes awhile. so I can't check mind at this moment.

I like to tinker and I get myself in trouble some times.

Limited Tech abilities, although my son thinks I should leave it alone as he has to fix my errors.

Bob

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello blackie1491

You should be fine. The warranty works just fine as it is still under warranty. If you have any issues with the phone, u need to contact Apple.
I've Been Around

I live in the states and bought an iPhone directly from an Apple Store brand new and have been the only owner and only ever used Verizon but am trying to sell it and they say it's blacklisted by Rodgers. What can I do?!? This must clearly be an error on this companies typo.