Dual SIM/eSIM now available for eligible iPhone XS, XS Max and XR devices

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Dual SIM/eSIM now available for eligible iPhone XS, XS Max and XR devices

Hi,

The April announcement states "introduce the launch of Dual SIM/eSIM  via 34 of our Flagship Rogers Retail locations". Now in July, do I still have to go to one of the Flagship Retail Store listed to switch to eSIM, or can it now happen at any Rogers Store? I cover the other pre-requisites. Let me know!

Thanks

Greetings @JP16!

Congrats on your very first post! The introduction of Dual SIM/eSIM through Rogers is definitely an exciting addition for many of our customers! 

At this time, all Consumer Regular customers are still required to go into one of our 34 flagship stores to activate an eSIM card as this service option is not yet available at every location.

Our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may cause. If anything changes, we'll be sure to let the Community know!

RogersLaura

I've Been Here Awhile

Why is eSim available on prepaid plans only and for new lines only? It does not reflect positively on Rogers to put limitations on new iPhone technology that  customers have paid for? I just purchased an iphone X because I need two lines on the same phone. Very unfair and frustrating. Apple should get involved to clean up this scam.

Hi @Moya,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and thank you for your post.

Are you looking to activate an eSIM on an existing subsidized device? Have you had a chance to view the post about Re: eSIM For Non-BYOD - Timeline?

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

RogersZia

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi, I purchased a new , non subsidized Iphone XR. I have four active lines with Rogers one of them is a business line with a monthly plan. I want to move this line to eSim.

Good Evening @Moya,

You should be able to accomplish what you want with your Business line. You do so through Rogers Direct. Please see the following blog post regarding it, Dual SIM is Now Available for Business Customers!

Regards,

RogersTim

I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you, it’s done.