Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual SIM/eSIM now available for eligible iPhone XS, XS Max and XR devices

RogersDarrell
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey Community,

As of today April 24th! Rogers is happy to introduce the launch of Dual SIM/eSIM  via 34 of our Flagship Rogers Retail locations (see chart below) where we will be assist you with set up and answer any eSIM/Dual SIM questions you may have.

What is Dual SIM/ eSIM?

eSIM is SIM Card that’s embedded within a device. A physical eSIM card is required, as a QR code is scanned and is downloaded to the device, eliminating the need for a SIM tray and SIM card.

Currently the only Dual-SIM devices— iPhone XS, XS Max and XR —support both an eSIM and a Nano SIM; this means you will be able to use two phone numbers (Primary and Secondary) for calls, messages, and data.

If you want to activate an eSIM, you must first have a physical SIM activated on your eligible iPhone (with Rogers, or even with another carrier if their device is unlocked).

At this time eSIM can ONLY be activated as a BYOD plan with a generic IMEI number.

What’s in it for you?

• Have two phone numbers on a single iPhone
  • Make and receive voice calls, send and receive SMS and MMS, and separate personal and business calls.
  • Switch between two different mobile networks (can be a different domestic or international carrier).

Store

Address

City

Prov

Postal Code

South Centre

100 Anderson Rd. SE, Unit 37

Calgary

AB

T2J3V1

Market Mall

3625 Shaganappi Trail N W, D011A

Calgary

AB

T3A0E2

Chinook Centre

6455 MacLeod Trail S, Unit 306

Calgary

AB

T2H0K8

Southgate Centre

5015 111 St NW, 460

Edmonton

AB

T6H4M6

Metropolis at Metrotown

4700 Kingsway Ave, Unit 2235

Burnaby

BC

V5H4J2

Coquitlam Centre

2929 Barnet Hwy, Unit 1200

Coquitlam

BC

V3B5R5

Richmond Centre

6060 Minoru Blvd., Unit 2254

Richmond

BC

V6Y2V7

Guildford Town Centre

10355 - 152nd Street, Unit 2538

Surrey

BC

V3R7C1

Pacific Centre

701 West Georgia Street, D071B

Vancouver

BC

V7Y1G5

Polo Park

1485 Portage Ave., Unit #174

Winnipeg

MB

R3G0W4

Kildonan

1555 Regent Ave. W, Unit #T-30

Winnipeg

MB

R2C4J2

Garden City

2305 McPhillips St., 161

Winnipeg

MB

R2V3E1

Champlain Place

477 Paul St., #F-003B

Dieppe

NB

E1A4X5

McAllister Place

519 Westmoreland Rd., E5

Saint John

NB

E2J3W9

Mic MacMall

21 MicMac Blvd., Unit 144

Dartmouth

NS

B3A4N3

Halifax Shopping Centre

7001 Mumford Rd, Unit 154

Halifax

NS

B3L2H8

Bramalea City Centre

25 Peel Centre Dr., Unit 157E

Brampton

ON

L6T3R5

Sherway Gardens

25 The West Mall, 1925

Etobicoke

ON

M9C1B8

Lime Ridge Mall

999 Upper Wentworth St., 301A

Hamilton

ON

L9A4X5

Masonville

1680 Richmond St. N, Unit L077C

London

ON

N6G3Y9

Square One Shopping Centre

100 City Centre Dr., Unit 1-731

Mississauga

ON

L5B2C9

Square One Shopping Centre

100 City Centre Dr., Unit 1-856

Mississauga

ON

L5B2C9

Oshawa Centre

419 King St. W, Unit 2272

Oshawa

ON

L1J2K5

St. Laurent

1200 St Laurent Blvd., Unit 248

Ottawa

ON

K1K3B8

Rideau Centre

50 Rideau St, Unit 327G

Ottawa

ON

K1N9J7

Scarborough Town Centre

300 Borough Dr., Unit 100

Scarborough

ON

M1P4P5

Pen Centre

221 Glendale Ave, Unit 88

St. Catherines

ON

L2T2K9

Yorkdale Shopping Centre

1 Yorkdale Rd., Unit 322

Toronto

ON

M6A3A1

Toronto Eaton Centre

220 Yonge St., 1113

Toronto

ON

M5B2H1

Bloor East

333 Bloor St. E

Toronto

ON

M4W1G9

Conestoga Mall

550 King St. N, Unit 5G

Waterloo

ON

N2L5W6

Carrefour Laval

3035, Boul. Le Carrefour, Unit A024

Laval

QC

H7T1C7

Rue Ste. Catherine

1015 Ste Catherine St. W

Montréal

QC

H3B1H1

Fairview Pointe Claire

6801, Route Transcanadienne, Unit #F002

Pointe-Claire

QC

H9R5J1

67 REPLIES 67

Re: Dual SIM/eSIM now available for eligible iPhone XS, XS Max and XR devices

MichaelYYZ
I plan to stick around

@scinicm

I am terribly sorry about your experience with the Rogers CSR on the telephone and I understand your frustration. I would feel the same, if I were you. The fact is you have been perhaps unlucky this time. There are people and people everywhere, some better some worse. In my humble opinion, of the three major wireless providers, Rogers is the better one in terms of customer service. 

Here’s one recent story of mine (I’ve got many others, too):

In early November I went on the chat and asked the CSR, kindly and politely, to send me a free eSIM because I was planning to replace my phone in the near future. I did not even have my new phone yet - an iPhone 12 Pro Max, which I received from Apple on 13 November - but the CSR agreed to send me one, without charge. It arrived two days later by Purolator. It cost Rogers money to ship the eSIM to me but they were generous not to charge me anything. 

Rogers, of course, did a blunder. When they shipped the new eSIM card, they activated it on my account and, as a result, I lost service to my then-current phone. So I went on the chat with Rogers again and spent 1.5 hours on the phone until one CSR was able to reactivate the eSIM in my old phone. At the end, I politely asked for compensation for the day without service. I was offered a credit equivalent to 40% of my monthly bill. Quite generous, again!

So, in the end, I was happy with Rogers regarding this experience. What I did not say, for brevity, was that I actually spoke and chatted with several CSRs and some were not too helpful or were clueless. But I tried again and, in the end, I found the right person. Remember, we’re all humans and prone to making mistakes, and so are the people working for Rogers.

I would suggest that you try your luck again, and hopefully you’d find a CSR who would be willing to listen and cater to your needs. Good luck!

Having said all that, I still wish Rogers would simplify the process for obtaining an eSIM. 

scinicm
I plan to stick around

I totally agree The process needs to be simplified not only for rogers but the other providers as well there seems to be a lack of communication or a standard procedure .

scinicm
I plan to stick around

So Here is a follow up on a Rogers Wireless store visit and I as well had a chat on Facebook , I had my father go in store to pick one up as I had no time myself , lol what a complete joke they basically try to discourage anyone from buying one , ask a million questions as to what the purchase is for , then send you away saying tha6t an esim is easier for fraudsters to get a hold of your account bla bla bla complete nonsense , Rogers chat via FB same thing only the person I was talking to go so messed up in her lies / misinformation and had no idea that I was very knowledgeable it was hilarious . Very contradicting its really really weird as to what is the reason for all this run around

Thanks for reaching out, Nicky. I certainly understand your concerns with needing to visit a store for an eSIM. The only way that our system will allow sending an eSIM is with a new activation with BYOD for now and the cost is $10. I'm curious though, why do you want to have an eSIM?

Rep: Rogers.com uses the same tools as the stores so it's possible to make the purchase without linking it to your line

Ok so why cant I order one ???

We also request customers to purchase physical SIM cards at Rogers stores for a few reasons. First, to prevent fraud and second, when I send a replacement SIM card, it's associated to your line and de-activates your old SIM to activate the new one. With eSIM, it's a problem because the eSIM can only be activated once so the customer has no phone access until the eSIM arrives.

MichaelYYZ
I plan to stick around

@scinicm

Well, this is the silly part, which happened to me, too. They had pre-activated the eSIM before they shipped it to me and, in the process, they left me w/o service for 24 hours. 

Why do they have to pre-activate the eSIM? It’s a dumb thing to do because, if it falls into the wrong hands, one can use the eSIM in their phone. Rogers should simply mail an ‘inert’ eSIM which we could then activate online in our wireless account. It’s a simple process which can be done by anyone. This is what I did after I had had Rogers reactivate the old eSIM - so it is possible to reactivate an eSIM! 

I would venture to guess that pre-activating the eSIM is an old procedure from the times when customers could not do this themselves online. So yes, Rogers should modernize their procedures, including allowing customers to print an eSIM QR code online, for free

“We also request customers to purchase physical SIM cards at Rogers stores for a few reasons. First, to prevent fraud and second, when I send a replacement SIM card, it's associated to your line and de-activates your old SIM to activate the new one. With eSIM, it's a problem because the eSIM can only be activated once so the customer has no phone access until the eSIM arrives.”

scinicm
I plan to stick around
Really lost for words this whole run around and procedure seems to be ridiculous , I cant believe that happened to u .
Topic Stats