Dual SIM/eSIM now available for eligible iPhone XS, XS Max and XR devices

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dual SIM/eSIM now available for eligible iPhone XS, XS Max and XR devices

Hey @blueambition420,

Thanks for your post! Sorry to hear you've been having issues activating your eSIM line.

In order to activate certain eSIM devices at Rogers, you are required to scan a QR code in order to complete device activation. You can purchase an eSIM card by visiting a Rogers store or by calling 1 (888) ROGERS1. An eSIM card like the one below is used.

eSIM Card

For more information, please refer to post 48.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

I Plan to Stick Around

u answered my question thank you!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

you can't get one from calling in, they charge 10$ for a QR code

Hello @blueambition420, the $10 charge is for the SIM card.

RogersZia

I've Been Around

I'm pretty frustrated...I went to a few Rogers locations and nobody knows anything about eSIM. Can I activate a prepaid monthly plan on an eSIM? I have an iPhone Pro Max, physical sim card is my work line and all I want to do is activate a monthly prepaid plan ($10 monthly - Talk & Textplan) for my personal line on an eSIM. Thanks

Hello @Moe9898,

Thanks for being a part of the Rogers Community Forums and for posting your concern! 👍

I am so sorry to hear that the locations visited were not better equipped with the answers you were searching for--I can understand why that would cause some frustration. We'll try to do better going forward!

If you have an enterprise or corporate cellular service plan, I'd recommend checking with your company's telecom administrator to see if they authorize the activation of a new line using an eSIM on the corporate account to be used on the Dual SIM device.

Generally speaking, when it comes to eSIM/Dual SIM supported devices, you should be able to activate a second line with a prepaid plan. You would need to go to a Rogers store to purchase the eSIM and have it activated, and then they can help set you up with a prepaid plan, or you can call into our prepaid team during regular business hours to have the plan added. It might be better to visit one of our corporate stores to have this done and you can find your nearest location HERE. If you'd like to speak to a care agent over the phone, here is the contact information for that:

1-Dial: 1-800-575-9090 

2-Wait for language selection to finish

3-Press option 4 for “General information”

4-Press option 4 to “Contact Rogers”

5-Press option 1 to reach a live representative quickly

Their hours of operation are as follows:

Monday – Saturday: 8 am – 9 pm

Sunday: 10 am – 8 pm

I hope this helps! 😊

RogersLaura