Dual SIM/eSIM now available for eligible iPhone XS, XS Max and XR devices

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Dual SIM/eSIM now available for eligible iPhone XS, XS Max and XR devices

@RogersLaura, @RogersDarrell: will the contract-iPhones be included or will this be a BYOD-only feature? Any ETAs you can share?

Thanks.

Hey @Wadih,

I understand the excitement about Dual SIM/eSIM! At this time, we don't have any further updates surrounding the availability outside of BYOD.

Please keep an eye here in the Community and we'll provide updates as soon as we know more! 

RogersTim

I've Been Here Awhile

I'd like to express my frustration from my attempt at getting an eSIM today.  I called my Corporate Concierge number to confirm that my corporate discount plan qualified to be converted from a physical SIM to an eSIM and I was assured that I could and that the Limeridge Mall location was the closest to me.  I made the drive to the location only to be told by the store manager that eSIMs were only available as a new activation.

I went back to my car and decided to call Rogers again and was assured once again that I could get an eSIM with my existing plan and number.  The CS Rep even put notes on the account that it was possible and how to do it.  Back into the mall I went only to be told it's not possible even though the phone rep said it was.  This time they looked briefly around the system and insisted that it can't be done.

After finding this thread, I can see that it is possible to do and I will once again have to drive back to the store to do this and hope they'll believe me this time...what a waste of my time!

I Plan to Stick Around

@jrbisk

Man-o-man, these managers! I went to Yorkdale Shopping Centre and asked for a QR code that I could set up on my XS Max later myself. The salesperson goes for the manager who tells me that, the eSIM being a pilot programme, he decided not to sell QR codes unless they activate it on the phone in the store. He said that was his store policy. In the end, I decided to go for it and they charged me $10+tax, for the activation service. Easy money for them!

I then asked for a physical SIM in case I wanted to revert to a physical SIM (e.g. to use my iPhone X backup phone), and they give me one for free, no problem. Go figure!

I've Been Here Awhile

Just like I mention in my earlier post ,
They at not interested to do customer services, unless profitable.
I've Been Here Awhile

Have been using in UK for a week now, with a pay as you go UK sim as primary, and my

Rogers e-sim as secondary. Monitors both and works like a charm. 

Highlighted
I've Been Around

What about other phones that support esim such as Google pixel 3? Would I be able to convert over to an esim or are they only going to do iPhones?
I'm Here A Lot

@Aquazoo: Are you on a BYOD plan or on a contract with Rogers?
I've Been Here Awhile

Went back to Limeridge yesterday and was able to successfully switch to an eSIM. The rep wasn’t sure how to do it, so he went back to speak with his manager. A few minutes he came back and advised me that his manager said that the eSIM was only for new activations. I showed his this thread and said that physical to eSIM is possible as well. He advised me that there would be a $10 fee to do the swap, which I think is ridiculous. Either way, we were able to get it working by doing a SIM swap and then activating the eSIM using the QR code on the card in the Settings app of my phone.

This whole process was far more painful than it needed to be and I am extremely disappointed in the management at the Lineridge Mall store. As a pilot store, they should be more aware of what they are piloting and the management at a minimum should know how to do this. Not only did it take me three attempts to complete the swap, I was advised each time that they couldn’t do it even when I told them that the phone CS rep said I could and when I showed them this Community post from Rogers themselves.
I've Been Here Awhile

Can the eSIM be disabled temporarily when travelling?  The use case I see is when travelling to Europe, I'd like to be able to insert a European SIM for use, and disable the eSIM so that I don't get charged the $12/day Roam Like Home fee.  Upon returning home I'd want to be able to just re-enable the eSIM.

Yes/No?

Paul

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats