Delete Wi-Fi calling emergency address

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Delete Wi-Fi calling emergency address

How do I delete an emergency address? When I select an existing address from the list, it creates a duplicate (this is a bug) and I can't delete the duplicates (also a bug).
Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersMay
Retired Moderator

Re: Delete Wi-Fi calling emergency address

@kevin_dean

Are you doing this on your device and it is giving you this error?

Alternatively, you can also update your Wi-Fi address on your rogers.com account under My Profile by clicking on Setup 911.

Regards,

RogersMay

I Plan to Stick Around

In Wi-Fi calling on my iPhone settings, I select "Update Emergency Address". I have three saved addresses there: mine, my office, and my girlfriend's.

I select another address (e.g. my girlfriend's) and instead of just moving the check mark it takes me in to edit the address. I select "Continue", and it presents me with the address I entered as well as the suggested address based on the postal code lookup.

Several bugs here:

- there's no way to delete an address from this list

- selecting an address should just select it, not edit it

- if the suggested address and the entered address are identical, I shouldn't be prompted to choose between them

- at the end of it all, a duplicate of the selected address is created

Rogers should now have more than enough to investigate the problem.

I Plan to Stick Around

One more bug: my girlfriend lives on Lake Shore Blvd W; the "suggested address" drops the "W".

Retired Moderator RogersGabrielle
Retired Moderator

@kevin_dean,

Have you tried deleting the other addresses from MyRogers as @RogersMay mentioned?

Let us know if it works for you!

@RogersGabrielle

I Plan to Stick Around

A few things about this:

1. The new MyRogers system is constantly crashing; today I've been getting "400 Bad Request...Check your PC and browser settings." but the error differs from day to day and except for getting my bill I avoid the service.
  2. I managed to get to my profile but I can't find the 911 settings anywhere.
  3. I'm not interested in using MyRogers to manage 911 settings; the feature is available on my phone under WiFi Calling and should work there. I'm reporting a series of bugs in the implementation. I can live with the bugs but I would prefer to have some acknowledgement that they will be addressed.
Highlighted
Retired Moderator RogersMay
Retired Moderator

@kevin_dean

I would like to look into the issues you're having with updating your 9-1-1 address.

Addressing the issue you’ve described involves accessing your account. I’m going to send you a private message from @CommunityHelps when you receive it please check our messages via the envelope icon which appears in the top right hand side of your screen when you are logged into the forums.

RogersMay

I've Been Around

I don't know how this can be marked as the answer to this problem.

Nine months later all the problems I described still exist.

I Plan to Stick Around

>>"Alternatively, you can also update your Wi-Fi address on your rogers.com account under My Profile by clicking on Setup 911."

No such option exists.