Delayed Text Messages

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Delayed Text Messages

Yes, reset.. or CLEARED my home WiFi information; reset fiber optic HS Internet router; enabled and disabled Airplane mode, several times; used only tower signals; restarted phone....
Its obvious that this is an issue.
I have asked for a way to intercept such messages but it hasn't been acknowledged. Days are ticking by and they always eventually send.
Please let me know a way to stop it from sending.
Thank you kindly!!
😣
Highlighted

Thank you for your reply @Meggnetic!

I understand how concerning this must be.

You've mentioned that you've encountered the same problem with more than one recipient. We can rule out the issue originating from the other party.

If you're still experiencing this issue and need assistance, we can definitely have this further investigated. Please PM us @CommunityHelps so that we can proceed forward towards a solution with you.

If you're not familiar with our private messaging process, you can find instructions here.

RogersMaude

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hello, i have an iphone XR and i have been having trouble with receiving pictures as text message from both android and iphone users. I receive the pictures a day later. How can i fix this problem?
Highlighted

Hello, @Georgette1

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I send a lot of pictures via Text so I can understand how frustrating it must be to experience this delay with your MMS service.

We'll need a bit more information to determine what steps to take to resolve this for you. Please provide us with the answers to the questions below:

• Are you experiencing a delay when using iMessage to other iPhone users or is it specifically Text messages (MMS)? If you are using iMessage, try turning it off temporarily and see if the delay is persistent.
  • Does it seem to be happening with all users who send you an MMS or just certain ones? If it is just certain users, try deleting the conversation history and ask them to send you a picture message to see if there is a delay.
  • Do you notice a delay if you send yourself an MMS?

We look forward to your response!

RogersTony

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I just tried sending an MMS to myself and i received it. However, i’ve experienced this delay from 2 users, an iphone and an android user. When i use my data i receive the pictures on time, but when im connected to wifi I receive them the next day. I’ve tried resetting my network settings.
Highlighted

Hello again, @Georgette1

Thanks so much for giving that a try for us. Can you confirm:

• If you are a Rogers home internet subscriber or do you have a different internet provider?
  • Does this issue seem to happen on all Wi-Fi connections or just your home connection?

Looking forward to your reply.

RogersTony

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I have a rogers wifi provider at home, and it seems to happen everywhere go.
Highlighted

Hello again, @Georgette1

Thank you for confirming that for us.

We will need to investigate this matter further and possibly escalate a Ticket to see if we can find a solution to this for you.

Please send a private message to @CommunityHelp so we can gather your info and get started. Not familiar with our private messaging system? No worries, Click Here.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

RogersTony