Connection issues Iphone5s

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Connection issues Iphone5s

After 4 attempts with Rogers and then Replacing my phone with Apple, I'm STILL dealing with the same connection issues. At this point im livid. I'm now going into month 3 and have paid for a service I'm not getting. My Imessages don't work, won't let me sign in to connect either. I've missed out on a number of texts that apparently went through on the senders side, but not mine. Same goes with phone calls. I receive a message days later stating a missed a call and now have a voice message. I get connection errors when trying to load up my hotmail and any app in fact. Should I consider changing my carrier? As this point I don't think I have any other options

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Connection issues Iphone5s

Hello Dynelle_heindle

Where are you located? Sometimes the location may not be getting that much service and could be either blocked my concrete, trees, weather and other factors.

As for iMessages. Once you lose data, iMessage will fail and the messages will be sent as a normal text message. That's how it works. Now it seems like something is going on with your services. Have you tried testing It on another device like ur friends or family member to see if it still going on?
I'm Here A Lot

I'm located in Winnipeg, Manitoba. I've  never had a problem with any of my devices until recently. I haven't move into a different area, they aren't new trees around either, haha. No new changes with my surroundings.

I understand if IMessage fails it sends it as a regular text, but this is too consistent. I have in fact tried with many friends, co-workers and family members to test it out and no one seems to understand it either. I had a co-worker 3 weeks ago send me a text and sent a picture later that day,I have yet to receive it, but on her end it specifies I have.I know it's a service issue. I've worked with Rogers Staff to help fix the problem, they couldn't figure it out and I was sent to Apple. I'm on warranty so they issued me a new phone. As soon as I left...it continued. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Dynelle_heindle

Hmm i have been hearing alot of people complaining with all carriers that they are having issues in Winning. I noticed that.

It could be the sim card? Have you tried getting a new sim card to see maybe that will fix it?
I'm Here A Lot

I have done a factory restore, I've got a new Sim Card and I've got a New IPhone. Rogers inititally deemed my phone defective, but it can't  be if I've got a another phone. I depend on my phone for work and I have missed an unbelievable amount of phone calls and texts over the last few months and I think I've run out of options. I've never heard of this happening to anyone.  

I'm Here A Lot

I've got screen shots of my error message but I have no way of sending it..

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Dynelle_heindle

I have heard of it plenty of times in Winnipeg and in Toronto vis the forums and other blogs. It seems to be happening often now with most carriers.

Honestly at this point there isn't much u can do unless you really want to go to another carrier and see if they are better. The other suggestion would be getting another phone or waiting until the next iPhone comes out in September.
I'm Here A Lot

I just got a brand new phone 7 days ago at the most. I don't think getting another new phone is going to solve my problems. I haven't heard of another company having this bad of an issue. My phone is pretty much un-usable. I guess I'll look into another carrier. 

I'm Here A Lot

Could it be a virus of some sort? 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Dynelle_heindle

The iPhone can't get a virus... It's impossible unless someone hacks into ur phone and controls it and makes it unusable which can't happen with a iPhone atm.

If you think that is the best choice, do it just before u do it, ask the rep at the carrier u do to, to test it out before u sign any papers or anything.
Now on PPV
BARE KNUCKLE FC 9: LOBOV VS. KNIGHT 2
LIVE: Saturday, November 16, 2019 9PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $39.99 (HD) | $39.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $39.99
DTV & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship returns with BKFC 9, featuring the rematch of April’s “The Fight of the Year” between former UFC star Artem Lobov and Jason Knight.

Topic Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation