cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarification on $250 off promo when activating an iPhone and Apple Watch

nasa25
I'm a trusted contributor

I was just on a live chat and the agent had no idea what I was talking about and transferred me to retentions which was an infinite wait. Got fed up and ended the chat.

So here’s my question. It’s pretty simple:

I upgraded one of my lines from an iPhone 8 to an X yesterday. Can I now reserve and pick up an Apple Watch in store and be eligible for the $250 bonus credit.

Or do BOTH upgrades have to be done in store at the same time?

Thanks in advance.

**Labels Added**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Clarification on $250 off promo when activating an iPhone and Apple Watch

Good evening @nasa25,

Thanks for you reply!

I'm sorry that the representative you've originally chatted with had no information about the promotion.

When promotions are labeled "In-store only", the whole process needs to be completed at the retail location.

In the instance where a hardware upgrade is already submitted, I don't think you would be eligible for the promotion in question.

However, if you would like to cancel the hardware upgrade to do it all in store, and then benefit from the promotion, that is something we could consider doing.

Finally, nothing prevents you from calling in store to speak with the manager in order to see if an exception could be made or if it is something they would have the ability to help you with.

Keep up posted!

RogersMaude

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RogersAli
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @nasa25

It is a great offer for sure, I am thinking of taking advantage of that offer as well. 

The $250 bill credit will be applied within 2-3 billing cycles when activating or upgrading to an iPhone 7 or higher with an Apple Watch, both on select 2-year plans and this offer is valid In-Store only.

You can find full details by clicking this link below and then select "SEE FULL DETAILS" in blue and "HOW IT WORKS" drop-down arrow on the offer page for further information about the offer. 

I hope this helps. 

Regards, 

RogersAli 

nasa25
Thanks Ali.

My question is around timing of the upgrades. Say I upgraded my iPhone via a live chat today. Can I then reserve a watch and when the watch arrives at the store (say 3 weeks from now) add that to my account and still get the $250 credit.

Or, conversely, do both devices need to be activated AT THE SAME TIME (in store)?

Good evening @nasa25,

Thanks for you reply!

I'm sorry that the representative you've originally chatted with had no information about the promotion.

When promotions are labeled "In-store only", the whole process needs to be completed at the retail location.

In the instance where a hardware upgrade is already submitted, I don't think you would be eligible for the promotion in question.

However, if you would like to cancel the hardware upgrade to do it all in store, and then benefit from the promotion, that is something we could consider doing.

Finally, nothing prevents you from calling in store to speak with the manager in order to see if an exception could be made or if it is something they would have the ability to help you with.

Keep up posted!

RogersMaude

nasa25
Perfect thanks Maude.

That clarifies my concern 🙂

I was considering adding an Apple Watch and taking advantage of the $250 credit, however I’m happy with the hardware upgrade that was just completed on my account so I’ll probably pass on this promo as I already have a couple apple watches and don’t really need to add another (however I might have considered it had it been a relatively pain free upgrade).

Thanks again.
Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 in conversation