Charge for going over data limit?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Charge for going over data limit?

Hello DanyaB

You need to contact Rogers via Live Chat, Facebook.com/Rogers or Twitter @RogersHelps or call them and see what they can do for u. They should be able to enable it again and explain what's going on.
Rogers Employee EhmTeeEhf
Rogers Employee

Definetly agree with Meowmix

He is right, blackberries in general compress data 10:1 and Iphones do not so their ratio is 1:1 without any compression

in theory a 1MB file downloaded on a blackberry is compressed to decrease the data used to approximately 10% of its normal size so about 100kb approx

The same 1MB file is downloaded as 1Mb... so yea u use a ton more data.

I've Been Around

I can't find my Roger wireless overage rate

Iam 600mb over for the month ( by accident I was sure I was on wireless during hrt ebig download) .

However I cannot find anywhere on thei nternet,  my rogers documention or their webisteon hoe much this might cost me.

Anyone have anyidea where I can find this info and why it is so hard to find?

Patrick Thanks

Retired Moderator RogersSannecia
Retired Moderator

Hello @pthurston

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Forums Smiley Wink!

We’d like to help in getting you an answer. Data over usage rate is charged according to your price plan. Addressing your questions involves accessing your account. Next time you are online, please send out a Private Message via @CommunityHelps and we can provide you with an answer to your question.

Thanks!

RogersSannecia