Certain Apps Connect over Wi-Fi but not Data.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Certain Apps Connect over Wi-Fi but not Data.

So, what was the solution? No one mentioned it in this thread. I'm seeing the same issue in another app now.

Works on WiFi & EXT, but not on Rogers LTE. @RogersZia 

Also working on Telus & Bell mobile networks. Please advise.

Hey @jasonpaulgaard,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear there's confusion regarding what steps to take! I can appreciate wanting to regain the ability for your apps to connect over data as soon as possible.

Solution wise, assuming that you've recently tried uninstalling/reinstalling the application, as well as ensuring your OS is up to date, then the next step would be to reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps. To my understanding this issue has been since been corrected at a network level  so we can update your connection to the switch to see if that resolves the issue for you.

If you are not familiar with our private messaging system you can check out our Blog.

@RogersAndy

I've Been Around

iphone 7 not working with Sricam App

I purchased a Floureon IP camera from Amazon. I am noticing for some reason with my Iphone 7 i can not view my cameras when get notifications for motion detection on LTE.
I can when on my wifi at home, or on other people’s wifi i can log into my cameras. But once i’m
not on wifi, shows cameras offline, when they clearly sent, as i wouldn’t be getting notifications of motion detected if was offline? How can i fix this issue! Sricam has poor help in this issue, and so does Floureon IP camera support! Thanks

Hello, @NicoleS113.

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 😃

Thank you for posting your concern in the Community. Getting notified of motion detection and ability to access the camera remotely when on the cellular network can be quite handy. 

Are you running the latest iOS 12.2 on your iPhone7? The support for 464XLAT  added in iOS 12.2 which should allow you to access your camera app over the cellular network (LTE). 

If your device is on iOS 12.2, please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps so that we can submit a ticket for you. Please check our blog if you require assistance with the private messaging.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I Plan to Stick Around

Hello

A couple of apps I use to access my security cameras have stopped working while on Cell network. They work fine on WIFI

I have done a hard reset on Iphone 6S but that made no difference. They are still working on my wifes phone which is also on Rogers. However if I put my sim in her phone they will not work

Any ideas

Hey @Dave2861!

I see you've reached out to  us via PM! Glad we were able to assist and I'm hoping this gets resolved soon!

@RogersAndy

I've Been Around

Hello,
I'm having the same issue but I'm on android, can someone from Roger's please PM me. I'm away on vacation and this is very frustrating.
I Plan to Stick Around

Problem fixed by pm and Rogers support
Thanks

Hello @redfoxn1 & @Dave2861,

Thanks for working with us via PM so we could help out on the backend! Glad we were able to find both of you a temporary fix! 👍

Cheers,

RogersLaura