Certain Apps Connect over Wi-Fi but not Data.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Certain Apps Connect over Wi-Fi but not Data.

Sent a pm to Rogers and they got me a fix on ipv4 to ipv6 within 24 hours. Great job Rogers!

Paul
I Plan to Stick Around

May I also PM to have this fix as well ?

Hello @jand_ottawa,

We can definitely assist you in implementing a temporary workaround which should resolve the issues you are facing with IPv6 compatibility on some of your Apps.

Please send a Private Message to @CommunityHelps so we can gather the required information to get this escalated and resolved for you. If you are not familiar with our Private Messaging system please check out our Blog on the topic by Clicking Here.

We look forward to hearing from you!

RogersTony

I've Been Around

The answer is Rogers blocks certain packets of information. You can use a VPN and then those applications will work again because Rogers is not able to identify the packet type.
I've Been Around

Hello

I am experiencing this problem as well. I tried sending a message to @CommunityHelps but I keep getting no match. Could you please assist in resolving this matter. If you are not the person who can assist, can you please forward the message to the appropriate area.

Thank you
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you type in Communityhelps (without the @) in the "to" line you should get a match once completely typed. Here are more detailed instructions:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Rogers-Community-Forums-Blog/Get-to-know-your-Community-How-To...

In addition, if you click on the @CommunityHelps hyperlink in your own post (or this post), you will be taken to a page where on the right side there is a link to "send this user a Private Message".

I've Been Here Awhile

HI 

I have this issue on 2 iphone phones which are connected to Rogers.

can you help me to fix it.

Thank you

Arman

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@shirzady : Please contact the mods per posts 33, 36 of this thread.

I've Been Around

I just encounter this problem the other day when I upgraded my phone from iOS 10 to iOS 12. My Sricam app is not working via Rogers data but has no problem wherever I go as long as there is WiFi. Can you help me solve this? Thanks

Hi @Efmarquez!

Welcome to our Community!

We've reached out to you in private via PM so as to offer further support with your Sricam app concern. If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

If there's anyone else in the Community experiencing similar issues, please do not hesitate to PM us as well! 

Regards,

RogersCorey