Carrier Settings Upgrade

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Carrier Settings Upgrade

I have the iPhone 5s and after my last upgrade via Apple I received a message "Carrier Settings Upgrade" New settings are available.  Would you like to update them?

What is this all about?

Solved! Go to Solution.
I've Been Around

Re: Carrier Settings Upgrade

A message keep popping up when I turn on my iphone..."Carrier update". I don't know whether it was sent by Rogers or by Apple or it is a virus, please advise.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @poochgirl

It's to update the Rogers bloatware in the device. This is also a good update to fix any small issues with the Rogers network on the device it self.

I would highly recommend to do it.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

it's an iPhone, so no Rogers bloatware, YAY!

It's always a good idea to update the carrier Settings, it's basically APN settings, and other settings related to the network. An example is WiFi caling, VoLTE, etc. are all controlled by carrier settings update. Also things like preferred bands are contained in the carrier settings. 

I've Been Around

As per Apple website describes "Carrier settings updates are small files that can include updates from Apple and your carrier to carrier-related settings, such as network, calling, cellular data, messaging, personal hotspot, and voicemail settings. You may receive notifications from time to time to install new carrier-settings updates." So it's safe to accept carrier updates on an iphone you if got the pop up. Smiley Happy

Resourse from Apple: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201270

I Plan to Stick Around

um guess you're not an iPhone user...Apple doesnt allow carrier bloatware on their phones. this is purely as mentioned below.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @nyk0n

Indeed I am a iPhone user. I just made a simple mistake just like every other human being :).

The update that Rogers pushes is indeed a Rogers small update to get the carrier settings to work and make sure the device works fine on their network.
I've Been Here Awhile

I updated my carrier settings, coincidentally my iPhone 5 clock won't keep correct time.

is this an iPhone issue or Rogers issue?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @djones1475

Have you tried doing a factory reset on the device to see if that will fix the issue?.
I Plan to Stick Around

Is your time set to auto or manual? Check your settings-privacy-location services-system services and make sure setting time zone is enabled

Carrier settings should not impact your time kept at all. The towers you are connected to should be broadcasting the time if set to auto. If it's manually set then your iPhone is keeping track