I can not access the Anyplace Tv on chrome, opera or safari on my laptop.
I sign in and then it starts to load and nothing happens. Everything was working until a week ago.
Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!
I can imagine how frustrating it must be to lose access to your Anyplace TV service on your laptop, all of a sudden. =(
We will be more than happy to look into this for you! Please provide us with the answers to the questions below so we can troubleshoot this issue.
We look forward to your response!
Anyplace tv app, no internet
Even though connected to internet, app keeps given an error
Good morning @CoreyGrace!
Welcome to our Community!
I'd like to help you out with your AnyPlace TV access but could you help me out with a little more info, please?
What platform are you using AnyPlace TV on and what is the error it's displaying? Have you checked recently to ensure you've got all software updates installed?
I'll have a better idea of how to help with this bit of info. Thanks!
Welcome to the Community and thank you for your post!
Are you able to access the Rogers Anyplace TV app on any other device? What happens when you sign in to Anyplace TV via the browser?
Just need a little bit more info to assist you further.
@goawyplease : Check out the following Anyplace FAQ. View the requirements in the second and fourth pulldown as well as the other FAQs:
I don't believe Safari is supported: I get Anyplace just fine on my Mac Mini using Chrome.
- A Rogers Digital TV package subscription.
- A Rogers SD, HD, or 4K digital box that you rent or own (digital adapters are not supported).
- An active internet or wireless data connection.
- A computer with an up-to-date browser to access Anyplace TV online, or a smartphone/tablet running iOS or Android to use the Anyplace TV app.
- Supported browsers: Chrome, Microsoft Edge, IE 11
- A MyRogers profile, with your Rogers Digital TV account linked to it.
Exactly the same error on Chrome as well (latest version) on macOS Mojave (Latest version)
@goawyplease : Make sure you don't have any extensions like adblockers running on the browser. Try incognito mode in Chrome. Here's a post on things to try if you haven't already...