Caller don't hear ring when calling

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Caller don't hear ring when calling

I have alot of problem with my 2 iphone 6 since I'm in the US . Caller only hear one ring when calling me and it goes flat after that. On my side I hear the phone ring normaly but all the caller hang up since they think the line as a problem. Rogers support told me the problem was the phones ( very suspicious since they are both new and I did not have that problem when I was in Canada ) they told me to get the phones check by apple . Apple to me Its a carrier problem and since I'm a Rogers customer and not a AT&T customer (the us carrier) no one can help me !!! Maybe I should get an american phone and cancelled my service with rogers since they are unable to honor their contract ?

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Re: Caller don't hear ring when calling

Good evening @PBM,

Welcome to the Forums!

We are very sorry about the issues you have been having with the phone calls while roaming.

• Are you using Roam Like Home?

Before assuming that the device is defective, you might want to wait until you come back, to see if the same issue reoccurs while on Rogers Network.

We have agreements with American carriers, in order for you to be able to use your device while travelling. However, it may mean that certain options may not be entirely functional due to the fact that you are using your Canadian Rogers line on the American network.

• Have you thought of maybe asking your contacts to send you a text message when they want to reach you?

That way you would have the ability to get back in touch with them directly, to avoid the issue with the ring tonality when calling.

I understanding how frustrating this must be for the person trying to call you.

• Can you call them back once you see their "Missed Call" on your call display?
  • Does this issue happen with one caller in particular or with multiple persons that are with different carriers?

Looking forward to your reply!

RogersMaude

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Caller don't hear ring when calling

Hi, here's my answers 

• Are you using Roam Like Home?

- We are currently paying for Roam Like Home package 

• Before assuming that the device is defective...

- Your Tech support suggested that both of our phone are probably defective (but the problem seems to be really with the network)

• Have you thought of maybe asking your contacts to send you a text message when they want to reach you?

- We are freelancer and we usually get our jobs following a phone call. If we are unreachable (as it looks like when they try to call us) they are calling someone else. And to send an email to our 2000 ish contact telling them to text me before calling me is not professionnal at all. I didn't have that problem with my previous carrier.

• Can you call them back once you see their "Missed Call" on your call display?

- Yes, except that most of the time we don't see their Missed Calls since they did not wait long enough on the line to produce a missed call. And we usually get those missed call, hours after they happen. 

- Also if we call them back using our cellphones your are charging us extra fees for long distance call which would have been free the other way around.

• Does this issue happen with one caller in particular or with multiple persons that are with different carriers?

-It happen with everyone try to call us and on both phones, including your tech support who did the test whit a cell phone and a land line. It happen all the time with cell phones,land lines and voip.

This is really a problem for us, we are paying a lot for a service that does not work. 

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation