Call display not compatible with LTE network!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Call display not compatible with LTE network!

Since I've been using the iPhone 5, all incoming calls are "unknown" status. Even people on my contact list will be listed as unknown.  I have the $12 value pack with call display and name display. I called Rogers and was told LTE network doesn't support call and name display, serious? I was told I need to turn off LTE if I want call display. I've tried it and even turned off all cellular data and call display still doesn't work. Anyone on iPhone 5 with LTE having same issue with no call display?

****Edited Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Call display not compatible with LTE network!

I am not having this issue at all. LTE is not voice compatible. If you have LTE on and you make or get a phone call, it will switch to 3G. Contact Rogers and have them re activate the value plan and see if they can make the cll display work.
I Plan to Stick Around

Meowmix, your name display works while on LTE? I called Rogers again and according to the second person I talked to at technical, LTE is not compatible with name display. Rogers technical said its a known issue and they have same problems with the first Android LTE devices. So, he gave me a choice of either having call/ name display on 3G only or just call display on both 3G and LTE. He said there is no way to get name display to work on LTE right now. Apparently, there is some kind of conflict when call & name display are both activated on LTE. So, he had to deactivate my name display even though I'm paying for it in my value package. I Google search the issue and I saw same problem with Andriod LTE devices not showing name display for some people. I wonder if this is an issue in certain areas only with certain devices? Two Rogers technical support reps already told me its a known issue to them.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Yup mine works fine on LTE as well. Once a call comes in, LTE comes off & changes to 3G like it should be.
I Plan to Stick Around

If that was the case, there should be no issue with call/name display as LTE goes to 3G when receiving a call. I called Rogers a third and forth time about it and I got the same answer each time, "it's a known issue and there's nothing we can do about it now". It's hard to believe that I'm the only one with iPhone 5 having this problem when Rogers keep telling me its a known issue.
I've Been Here Awhile

When I make a call to anyone NOT on the Rogers network, (eg. Bell land-line)... my number displays to them... but the name says "Unavailable". Called Rogers... and even though they have programmed the phone account to display name AND number... they say it only displays the number ... unless you've called someone on a Rogers network. Arghhh!!
I've Been Around

I have an IPhone 5 and my call display worked perfectly, witht eh value add on pack, until I stupidly changed my plan 2 weeks ago to a newer plan that still provided the call display, etc.. ever since then all calls come in as unknown and I can't stand it and Rogers can't figure it out. So, I don't believe the LTE thing as it worked before. What I do think is that the new Share plan is somehow messed up. Rogers is absolutely useless for Customer service in the West. How hard can it be to give me call display when I had it before?
Rogers Employee EhmTeeEhf
Rogers Employee

Just a question for you meowmix. When your LTE is on is your phone running any background data. From what I understand its physically impossible for a phone to switch from LTE to 4g when data us running in the background. I have tested this and in several phones if it is running background apps since the LTE is on a completely different frequency the phone won't switch quick enough to get the system text header to get name display and caller I'd info. So you either get a missed call or the person calling gets voicemail. What are your thoughts on this.