AppleCare+

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Regular

AppleCare+

Is Rogers not offering AppleCare+ anymore when purchasing an iPhone? Just ordered a 6s on our business account (separate from my normal consumer wireless account) and the person on the phone told me Rogers doesn't do AppleCare anymore on both the Personal & Business sides and if I want it I would have to take it to the apple store and get it added myself. This is really annoying obviously, and no offence but Rogers device protection definitely doesn't compare to AppleCare when it comes to customer service and reliability.

***Added Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Re: AppleCare+

Good evening  @jackthecompguy,

Thanks for your post!

I verified and Rogers has just started selling AppleCare+ again.

Once it is added to your account, we forward some of your information to Apple, so they can send you your proof of enrolment.

You start being billed immediately for AppleCare+, but your 24-months coverage only begins on the day your phone is shipped. This date will be confirmed on the proof of enrolment you'll receive.

• Apple will send you your confirmation of enrolment within 15 business days of the purchase.
  • If you sell your device, AppleCare+ will be transferred to the new owner.
  • AppleCare+ coverage is supported strictly by Apple.

You can contact Apple at 1-800-263-3394 or visit an Apple store.

• If you are paying for AppleCare+ monthly you can call to cancel any day.  Otherwise it expires in 2 years automatically.

For more info, check out this page.

RogersMaude

I'm a Regular

Is it possible then for someone to add AppleCare+ to my phone now after the fact? (Ordered it last night through business call centre but it hasn't shipped.) ... Can anyone confirm it is done on the business side as well?

Thanks for letting me know.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jackthecompguy

You have 30 days from getting the phone to add Apple Care +. So yes u can.
I'm a Regular

Ya but have to go to apple store, correct? I was wondering if Rogers rep could do it now since it was their error in their rep refusing to sell it to me and claiming they don't sell it anymore when they do.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jackthecompguy

Nope you can pay for it at the Rogers store as what I know. I was speaking to another rep a day ago which said they do sell it. I got it last year on my plan with the 6S+.

You can purchase it online at Apple I believe but i could be wrong
I'm a Regular

Yes but via Rogers store you have to do it when you get the phone right? I Have the phone in my hands right now from the UPS man. The phone rep that sold me the phone told me Rogers doesn't do Applecare and to buy Rogers device protection which I didn't take.

Via apple is in person at the apple store I just confirmed that now by talking to them

I don't mind going to the apple store but it is a far drive so if can be avoided I'd appreciate it Smiley Wink

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jackthecompguy

They have to tell you that. They want to sell you their own warranty protection instead. Have you spoken to the Rogers store manager? If so ask to speak to the regional manager or district manager and they should explain it.

Ah okay so u are a hit far but it's worth a shot seeing as you want it. I think maybe @CommunityHelps could contact the store for you and have them verify it.
Retired Moderator RogersRoland
Retired Moderator

Hey @jackthecompguy and @Meowmix,

We can only add it during the time of purchase. But don't worry,  you can still purchase AppleCare+ from an Apple Retail Store within 60 days of purchase. 

Hope this helps.

RogersRoland

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @RogersRoland

Thank you for that! Smiley Happy