cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AppleCare+

jackthecompguy
I'm a regular

Is Rogers not offering AppleCare+ anymore when purchasing an iPhone? Just ordered a 6s on our business account (separate from my normal consumer wireless account) and the person on the phone told me Rogers doesn't do AppleCare anymore on both the Personal & Business sides and if I want it I would have to take it to the apple store and get it added myself. This is really annoying obviously, and no offence but Rogers device protection definitely doesn't compare to AppleCare when it comes to customer service and reliability.

***Added Labels***

31 REPLIES 31

Re: AppleCare+

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @nasa25

When you do a upgrade then yes it will deactivate from one phone and be attached to another. Also remember that it will start from scratch once again when it's added to the new phone.

They can't just transfer it to the other phone. They have to deactivate it, reads it back on the line and on the new IMEI number or the phone. Sounds a bit tricky but it happens like this.

nasa25
I'm a trusted contributor

@Meowmix yup I understand that AC+ is tied to the specific device serial number/IMEI and it makes sense that the 2 years start fresh when upgrading and opting for AC+.

I want AC+ on all my current iPhones so I guess there's nothing really to do on my part as the coverage will deactivate on the old phone and activate on the new (current) phone (and restart the 2 year period) pretty much automatically.  

Thanks for the help.  

nasa25

Also @Meowmix have you always received email confirmation from Apple when AC+ was activated on a new device (using AC+ monthly from either Rogers or Telus)?

AC+ is active on my gf's iPhone X.  It's been active since a couple days before we received the device which is excellent.  But she has yet to receive the email from Apple.  Probably doesn't matter much as I can see the coverage start and end date as well as the AC+ certificate number online.  But an email with the documents would be nice for information purposes.  

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @nasa25

I do remember Rogers sending me a document with my iPhone 7 Plus when I got it with them.

With my 8 Plus last October and with my Xs Max I got a document with the verification and certification with the agreement number and all the information needed.

As long as you see it attached on the Apple website, then you should be one. Sometimes I noticed they don't send out emails when they are supposed too.

nasa25

@Meowmix thanks for the help

Yeah I see both the coverage end date and the AC+ certificate number on the Apple support profile so I think I'm all good.  

Ngoc_Le
I've been around

How can I cancel apple care plan?

Hello, @Ngoc_Le.

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums! 😀

Thank you for posting your query in the Community. Assuming it is AppleCare+ monthly, it's a two-step process. We need to remove the AppleCare+ from your line/account and you must reach out to Apple to cancel your AppleCare+ plan. I hope this helps. 

Cheers,
RogersMoin

Apple Care+

CM-MIND
I've been here awhile

Anyone know how to apply apple care+ purchased from Rogers on the iPhone?

Re: Apple Care+

Good evening @CM-MIND,

Welcome to the Rogers Community! I completely understand your interest for the AppleCare+ Extended Warranty.

You can reach out to us to have it added to your account at the moment of your activation or device ugrade you can also do so via Apple directly. Please visit this page and click "Buy Now" on the top-right corner.

If you have questions or if you need more information, let us know!

RogersMaude

CM-MIND
I've been here awhile
Thank you for your reply

I did purchase Apple Care+ at the time that I purchased the phone from Rogers. My question was how do I apply the purchase AppleCare + from Rogers on the iPhone

Currently the serial number of the iPhone does not indicate there is AppleCare + applied

I see, thank you for the clarification @CM-MIND. Definitely reach out to us via @CommunityHelps and we can assist with this :). To find out more about our PM system click here.

@RogersAndy

Topic Stats
  • 31 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 11 in conversation