cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AppleCare+

jackthecompguy
I'm a regular

Is Rogers not offering AppleCare+ anymore when purchasing an iPhone? Just ordered a 6s on our business account (separate from my normal consumer wireless account) and the person on the phone told me Rogers doesn't do AppleCare anymore on both the Personal & Business sides and if I want it I would have to take it to the apple store and get it added myself. This is really annoying obviously, and no offence but Rogers device protection definitely doesn't compare to AppleCare when it comes to customer service and reliability.

***Added Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: AppleCare+

RogersMaude

Good evening  @jackthecompguy,

Thanks for your post!

I verified and Rogers has just started selling AppleCare+ again.

Once it is added to your account, we forward some of your information to Apple, so they can send you your proof of enrolment.

You start being billed immediately for AppleCare+, but your 24-months coverage only begins on the day your phone is shipped. This date will be confirmed on the proof of enrolment you'll receive.

• Apple will send you your confirmation of enrolment within 15 business days of the purchase.
  • If you sell your device, AppleCare+ will be transferred to the new owner.
  • AppleCare+ coverage is supported strictly by Apple.

You can contact Apple at 1-800-263-3394 or visit an Apple store.

• If you are paying for AppleCare+ monthly you can call to cancel any day.  Otherwise it expires in 2 years automatically.

For more info, check out this page.

RogersMaude

View solution in original post

31 REPLIES 31

RogersMaude

Good evening  @jackthecompguy,

Thanks for your post!

I verified and Rogers has just started selling AppleCare+ again.

Once it is added to your account, we forward some of your information to Apple, so they can send you your proof of enrolment.

You start being billed immediately for AppleCare+, but your 24-months coverage only begins on the day your phone is shipped. This date will be confirmed on the proof of enrolment you'll receive.

• Apple will send you your confirmation of enrolment within 15 business days of the purchase.
  • If you sell your device, AppleCare+ will be transferred to the new owner.
  • AppleCare+ coverage is supported strictly by Apple.

You can contact Apple at 1-800-263-3394 or visit an Apple store.

• If you are paying for AppleCare+ monthly you can call to cancel any day.  Otherwise it expires in 2 years automatically.

For more info, check out this page.

RogersMaude

Is it possible then for someone to add AppleCare+ to my phone now after the fact? (Ordered it last night through business call centre but it hasn't shipped.) ... Can anyone confirm it is done on the business side as well?

Thanks for letting me know.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @jackthecompguy

You have 30 days from getting the phone to add Apple Care +. So yes u can.

Ya but have to go to apple store, correct? I was wondering if Rogers rep could do it now since it was their error in their rep refusing to sell it to me and claiming they don't sell it anymore when they do.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @jackthecompguy

Nope you can pay for it at the Rogers store as what I know. I was speaking to another rep a day ago which said they do sell it. I got it last year on my plan with the 6S+.

You can purchase it online at Apple I believe but i could be wrong

Yes but via Rogers store you have to do it when you get the phone right? I Have the phone in my hands right now from the UPS man. The phone rep that sold me the phone told me Rogers doesn't do Applecare and to buy Rogers device protection which I didn't take.

Via apple is in person at the apple store I just confirmed that now by talking to them

I don't mind going to the apple store but it is a far drive so if can be avoided I'd appreciate it 😉

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @jackthecompguy

They have to tell you that. They want to sell you their own warranty protection instead. Have you spoken to the Rogers store manager? If so ask to speak to the regional manager or district manager and they should explain it.

Ah okay so u are a hit far but it's worth a shot seeing as you want it. I think maybe @CommunityHelps could contact the store for you and have them verify it.

Hey @jackthecompguy and @Meowmix,

We can only add it during the time of purchase. But don't worry,  you can still purchase AppleCare+ from an Apple Retail Store within 60 days of purchase. 

Hope this helps.

RogersRoland

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @RogersRoland

Thank you for that! 🙂

Hi @RogersRoland ... Thats what I thought. Made the trek out to the apple store in question and got it all said and done

@Meowmix - the rep was on the phone. Even after insisting Rogers sold applecare he was adamant on that they didn't and to get RDP, so I just resigned to going to the apple store. So I don't really know who to complain to here 😞

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @jackthecompguy

You see some reps have no idea what they do or sell. They never get trained so it's a fail in the management in store. I would complain to the management and ask to speak to the district manager of that location if you like. Get them involved so they could retrain their staff in the correct information.

I would love to see training done twice a year with reps and when every new thing comes out, they get trained.

Mj18
I've been around
I would like to cancel monthly Applecare purchased, what should I do?

Good morning @Mj18!

Thank you for joining us in the Community and congratulations on your first post! 😁

Having additional device coverage is definitely a nice safety-net to have, but we understand that it's not for everyone. If you still need help with removing it from your Rogers wireless account, please send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on our Private Message system, please CLICK HERE.

RogersLaura

nasa25
I'm a trusted contributor

Just upgraded one of my lines from an 8 to an X today and got the AC+ monthly.  

Anyone know what the process of getting the AC+ certificate from Apple is like these days?  Will this just happen automatically after a certain number of days (i.e rogers sends the serial number info to apple and they activate the AC+)?

I know when I upgraded my other line to an X last year, it was a whole fiasco getting the AC+ activated.  I had to show proof of AC+ monthly coverage to Apple's AC activations department, who then activated the coverage and sent me the coverage certificate.  

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @nasa25

You should be getting a email with a document attached to it showing the AppleCare certificate within 24/48hrs of activation. I know with Telus it was done immediately.

nasa25

@Meowmix thanks.  Hopefully Rogers got their act together with this AC+ activation stuff unlike last year.  

nasa25

Wow Rogers really stepped up it's game with this whole AC+ activation process.  

Got my gf's iPhone X yesterday and set everything up.  Checked her support profile and the AC+ was already active with a valid certificate number 🙂

Didn't receive the email from Apple with the certificate but that's very minor.  Very pleased with this process now.  

nasa25

One last thought re: AppleCare+

Let's say I have an iPhone X on one of my lines, with AC+ monthly (that automatically expires after 2 years). 

What happens if I were to upgrade after, say, 18 months to a new iPhone and request AC+ on that as well (and say I'd like to sell my old iPhone but keep the AC+ coverage for the next user).

Would my rogers line then have TWO AC+ monthly add-ons (one for the old iPhone and one for the new iPhone), with the first AC+ add-on dropping off automatically after 2 years from when it was added?  Or can you only have one AC+ monthly add-on per line?  Seems like each AC+ add-on is tied to a SPECIFIC PHONE so if you upgrade Rogers would have to add another AC+ monthly add-on to your account and tie it to the specific line. 

Just something I was thinking about and felt like asking the question.......thx.   

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @nasa25

If you upgrade to another iPhone at any time before the contract is done on ur current account, the AppleCare will be deactivated on the phone it was originally done and it will be added on the new iPhone as long as you choose to add it on that one per month cost.

So no you won't be able to have both woth AppleCare at once unfortunately. It's either the old one use it or the new one.

The only way to do this is to do a upgrade or new activation on another line / account and have both phones with 2 AppleCares or purchase it outright from Apple.

nasa25

@Meowmix ah that makes sense.

So when you upgrade and choose to keep the AC+ monthly add-on, Rogers will simultaneously deactivate the AC+ on your old phone and activate it on the new phone.  Gotcha.

Thanks.  

Topic Stats
  • 31 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 11 in conversation