Apple iPhone Xs / Xr & Xs Max Questions / Reservation numbers!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple iPhone Xs / Xr & Xs Max Questions / Reservation numbers!

First signs of movement. #19 for a Xs Max 64 grey just went into “progress”. Could be looking good for Friday. Case and Ballistic Glass ready as well.
I Plan to Stick Around

@saupaui wrote:
My status for the Gold Xs Max 256 Gb just changed to "In Progress" from "Open". I was originally #33 in the queue when I reserved but it went down to 29 earlier today.

Same here! Moved from Open to In Progess this morning, and was at #86 last night for a Gold Xs Max 256Gb

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @inferno129

Its been like this since September 2016. That's when all carriers changed it to this method.

Unfortunately in order to get the decide in store you will need to pay upfront for the new device price.
I Plan to Stick Around

Who is on a Rogers business/corporate account and preordered using https://secure.rogersdirect.ca? My status is still "Open". 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @rageguy

Your status won't change the same time consumer ones will. I noticed with some reservations threads I have made that most business customers get their device a day or days later. It could change this year but we shall see
I Plan to Stick Around

@rageguy

I have a small business account and my status still says "open" as well!

Hopefully we'll get to see an update soon!

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@Meowmix absolutely not since that time, got this iphone 7 plus on oct 2 2016 and nor me or anyone else in the line except new customers, had to pay anything up front.

at least the rep i got was actually helpful and understanding of how much of a garbage silent move that was and assisted me in getting a refund on my bill back to my bank (as my bill has a negative balance, i put extra on it in preparation for having the upgrade ON THE BILL... now i need it back in hand..)

has anyone had a "hardware upgrade loyalty offer" or know what it is? the rep said theres a note on my account about it and i should bring it up in store to "see if i can get it applied to preorders..

I Plan to Stick Around

I just got the email that my phone has shipped to the store! It’s happening!
I Plan to Stick Around

There really isn't a big difference between paying for the device upon pickup or adding to the bill and paying next month? Put it on a credit card and pay that off next month. Or if money is tight perhaps keep existing device.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @inferno129

It was only for selected stores and they tested it ( soft launch basically) .. Since I got the Note 7 in August and had to return it and got the iPhone 7 Plus on September. I was told by the Office of the President and the store manager that the rules changed and had to pay upfront now. So yes rules changed them.. Maybe you were lucky but not all of us and I doubt the OOP would lie...

I posted this on January 2017 when Mobilesyrup spotted it. However selected stores started doing this as of September 2016. It was a test trial to see how many will go. Then the Rogers document came out.

Why don't you call and speak to a manager and they can explain to you what it means before hand?. I had one with Telus ( offered me to upgrade and waive me $495 device balance).. So it could be the same or a plan.. Best to call and ask.