Apple iPhone Xs / Xr & Xs Max Questions / Reservation numbers!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Apple iPhone Xs / Xr & Xs Max Questions / Reservation numbers!

Wow pretty dead in here for an iPhone release but I’m not surprised. I skipped this year for the first time ever. Pricing is out of hand for the incremental benefits.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @nasa25

The pricing is what is keeping many away. Doesn't help that carries want you to pay $100 a month for a plan..
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Meowmix yup I couldn’t justify such a massive upgrade cost for the extra screen real estate (from an X to an Xs Max)

I was originally hearing $899USD for the Xs and $999 for the max. I’d have upgraded at those prices. But the extra $100usd plus extra $60CAD in FX (compared to last year) has me out of the game.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @nasa25

I hear you. Many are on that position as well.. It may well be the year that Apple's sales aren't high as they used to be because of the pricing.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix if I decide to do the wireless upgrade at the Apple store will it get applied to my Rogers bill or I still have to pay upfront at the Apple store ?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @breed

From what I know all new device pricing will be paid upfront. I would contact your closest Apple store when it opens and ask.
I Plan to Stick Around

I agree.. $1500 for the XS max 64 gb, that’s a lot of coin. I really pushed myself to skip the X last year as my 7+ was doing the job and I knew this year the changes would be dramatic; not just a few new updates to the exact same handset. I have a zero upgrade balance, and have a trade in offer from Rogers.com for $380. For the XS max 64 after my trade in, it will cost me $170. I am tickled pink with that price for such an awesome phone. Already ordered the apple leather case from Apple.ca; will arrive 2 days before I pick up the phone on the 21st
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @kkk777

Great to hear! Yeah the pricing is way to much.
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm getting the run around from rogers customer service, they're telling me they dont have access to iphone xs preorder can only be done online, they sent me to technical support, they can't do it, then they said theyd transfer me to billing and again they can't do anything.  I am so angry right now.  I signed up for a new 2 year contract last night so I could do this first thing this morning.  I should have switched to bell or telus.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @novy89

That is correct.. Call center reps aren't able to go a reservation or pre order for u over the phone. Same goes for Telus. It's all done online.

What's going on through?