cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone Xs / Xr & Xs Max Questions / Reservation numbers!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey Everyone!

Welcome back to my annual iPhone Reservation thread!  Once again its the time of the year that Apple will be announcing their new iPhone line up in a few hrs!. Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Apple iPhoneXs / Xr and Xs Max to the reservation list & the day comes follow the steps below to reserve the new device! The devices will include 3 devices, new color options and bigger displays! 

How to reserve if you’re an existing customer:

1. Log in to My Account on Rogers.com

2. Under Account choose Wireless.

3. Go to Manage My Device at the bottom of the page.

4. Click Upgrade My Device.

5. Choose The new iPhone ( which ever model you want) as a “ Pre order

6. Pick either Ship To Home or Ship To store (Device Reservation)

7. Choose a phone from the Phone Model drop-down.

1. Only phones that can be reserved will appear.

7. Review the account information next to your selection.

1. The email address must be auto-populated in the right section of the reservation form. Otherwise, you can’t reserve a device.

2. If the email is not auto-populated, first add the email address in the appropriate field of your My Account profile. Then, log out and log back in.

8. Select a store to pick up your phone.

9. Review the reservation details and click I AGREE to accept the Terms and Conditions.

10. Click Reserve to complete the reservation. A store representative will call you when the device is ready for pick-up.

How to reserve if you’re a new customer

1. Go to https://www.rogers.com/web/link/DeviceReservation?forwardTo=nrsRegisteredCustomer

2. Click Sign Up and enter your email address. ( It may tell you to also input all your info again.)

3. Under Phone Information, choose the device you want to reserve, and click Continue. Only devices available for reservation will appear.

4. Fill out the form under Personal Details and click Continue.

5. Fill out the Payment Details for the refundable $40 reservation fee and click Continue.

6. Select a store for device pick-up and click Continue.

7. Review the reservation details and click I AGREE to accept the Terms and Conditions.

8. Click Reserve to complete the reservation. A store representative will call you when the device is ready for pick-up.

Online Statuses

Open - Phone has been reserved

In Progress - Phone is in inventory and the order is being processed

Shipped - Phone is on its way to the chosen store

Cancelled - Reservation has been cancelled

Keeping you up posted along the way

1. You’ll receive the following confirmations:

2. An email after completing the reservation

3. Weekly status emails confirming you number in line on the waiting list

4. An email when the device has been shipped to the store. (Includes a delivery tracking number)

5. Phone call from a store representative when the device is ready for pick-up

Good things to know

1. Phone can only be reserved, not purchased ( The purchase of the device will be done in store)

2. You can change the pick-up location when the online order status is open. If the order status is in progress or shipped, the location cannot be changed

3. Shipments typically take up 4 days, and your device is held in store for 3 days ( The delivery can be next day in most cases)

4. If you don’t pick up your phone within 3 days, the reservation will be cancelled and be sold to a walk in customer. You can make alternate arrangements with the store manager if need be.

5. Only the account holder or an authorized level 1 user (someone authorized to make changes on the account) can pick up the phone. Photo ID is required when picking up the phone.

6. If a reservation was made to a location that is now closed, We’ll send the device to the closest Rogers store or authorized dealer in the area. The new store will contact you when the device arrives and is ready for pick up.

Reservation Fee

What about this $40 reservation fee? Will it be returned to me?” You betcha. You’ll get a credit of $40 (+ taxes) for the reservation fee on your account if you reserved as an existing customer or to the original credit card if you reserved to activate a new line. Your reservation fee will be credited when:

1. Your phone ships from our warehouse or

2. You cancel your reservation online.

Before you go to the store to pick up your new phone, why not get a quote for your old phone and trade it in for a credit!

Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

.For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confuses about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

They also started last year a pre ordering system done online being charged on your CC ( Credit card) imminently and having the device shipped to your home instead. 2 years ago with the iPhone 7 / 7 Plus and last year with the 8 &8+ with the X the ones that picked this way got it the day of launch or day after launch but only a few did. Not everyone. This way is a good way but sadly u do not see any status updates like u do with the reservation system and only get a confirmation email and a shipment email. ( some did not get any email until the unit got shipped with QMS or UPS). Please do remember. Using the SHIP TO HOME option does NOT give u any insight of updates or status. You will only get notified when it ships out.

now its alot to read at the moment but i am trying to cover all the bases for everyone so everyone knows how the reservation works and what they need to know! as always do not be afraid to ask any question you have as I or any other member will answer it for you. I will do my best and answer all questions Cat Happy

712 REPLIES 712

Re: Apple iPhone Xs / Xr & Xs Max Questions / Reservation numbers!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Ducker

I remember those days! I used to report back here every half an hr haha.

bsnider001
I plan to stick around
Walked into the Rogers store yesterday and confirmed my phone was here. Now I'm at the store waiting lol. Grabbing the device then bouncing for work if all goes well.

jrcm
I'm here a lot
Hi @Daveftw,

Did Rogers send you a tracking number? I just checked mine and it shows that the status progresses and confirmed that it will deliver today.

If you order via Ship To Home method, they will send you the tracking number to check the status via UPS. If it is via Ship To Store method, the store will call you once your phone arrived at the store of your choice.

Based from Rogers FAQ website, Ship To Home method is faster and will be prioritzed compared to Ship To Store because the earlier where phone was already been paid and you have renewed your contract. For the later option, customer can still choose not to accept and return it.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @jrcm

That is correct but don't be foolish now.

I have done theses threads for years and I have seen many wait for ship to home while ship to store got many more.. Don't always believe a FAQ...

Daveftw
I plan to stick around

@jrcm ship to home.

I got the notification about 9 hours ago in my e mail box with ups tracking number, just refreshed and it still says 

Order Processed: Ready for UPS .

Hoping it comes delivered today. I've been actually so excited for this that I've stayed up all night waiting/watching ipxsmax videos on youtube 😛

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @Daveftw

UPS is having major issues in the US with the updating on their information tracking. Usually they update during the night however they do another scan at 8am as well.

The one in the US last night is really messy. Showing delivery date for Monday for most Americans that got the iPhone from Apple.. Lol. It was glitch and took a few hrs for UPS to fix it.

bsnider001
I plan to stick around
Question:

I'm currently on a no tab plan and want to Switch to an ultra tab. Is there a credit check with that switch or is that only for new customers?

Daveftw
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix yeah i actually read about that. I'm however in Alberta, western canada. 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @bsnider001

Rogers always does a soft credit check within the company to see if u have paid on time and such. It's not a hard credit check. Just a soft one within Rogers.

You should be fine!

Yampz
I plan to stick around
Thanks! They came out and told me they have ONE 256GB max .... gold. PERFECT - my name is on it :).... good luck to everyone!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Yampz

Yay! Good to hear!!

luvboatcapn
I plan to stick around

Going to give Rogers the benefit of the doubt this time around as shipping of devices (both phones and watches) seems delayed. I had an appointment in my local Apple Store scheduled for 3:00 to 3:30 window today and I received this this morning from Apple at 3:25 EST.

I ordered my 512 XS Max Grey as soon as orders went live on the 14th. It doesn't say I won't get it today...but it doesn't say I will get it today either. This launch has been messy top to bottom with shipping of devices and if Apple can't get them in time to their retail stores then I would think Rogers is having difficulty getting volume too. I am also stuck in the Rogers reservation system at #3 Open for the same phone model, #4 for aluminum Space Grey AW Series 4 44mm and my wife's aluminum gold 40mm AW 4 just moved from #6 Open to "In Progress" yesterday at 11 am after not moving since they went live on Rogers Reservation system also on the morning of the 14th.

Important update to your Apple pickup order

Thank you for your recent order with the Apple Store. We know you’re excited to pick up your new product.

Unfortunately, due to some last minute logistical issues, your order will not be ready for pickup during your check-in time.

As soon as your order is ready for pickup, we’ll let you know via email.

We apologize for the delay in getting your new product into your hands. We’re working quickly to resolve this issue.

Apple

luvboatcapn
I plan to stick around

Going to give Rogers the benefit of the doubt this time around as shipping of devices (both phones and watches) seems delayed. I had an appointment in my local Apple Store scheduled for 3:00 to 3:30 window today and I received this this morning from Apple at 3:25 EST.

I ordered my 512 XS Max Grey as soon as orders went live on the 14th. It doesn't say I won't get it today...but it doesn't say I will get it today either. This launch has been messy top to bottom with shipping of devices and if Apple can't get them in time to their retail stores then I would think Rogers is having difficulty getting volume too. I am also stuck in the Rogers reservation system at #3 Open for the same phone model, #4 for aluminum Space Grey AW Series 4 44mm and my wife's aluminum gold 40mm AW 4 just moved from #6 Open to "In Progress" yesterday at 11 am after not moving since they went live on Rogers Reservation system also on the morning of the 14th.

"Thank you for your recent order with the Apple Store. We know you’re excited to pick up your new product.

Unfortunately, due to some last minute logistical issues, your order will not be ready for pickup during your check-in time.

As soon as your order is ready for pickup, we’ll let you know via email.

We apologize for the delay in getting your new product into your hands. We’re working quickly to resolve this issue.

Apple"

Melissasteven08
I've been around
I am ship to Home, and still haven’t received a tracking email yet. I’m freaking out thinking I won’t get it today!! I didn’t pre order until Saturday morning, will that make a difference??

JeromeM
I plan to stick around
If people are worried about missing UPS delivery and them not leaving the package there's an option. With UPS, if you sign up as a customer (free sign-up online or through the app) anything that gets tagged to ship to your address and references your email address automatically shows up under your shipments. What you can then do is authorize them to release the package with no signature. I have this set as default as I live a bit more rural and a UPS depot is far this way the packages are always home when arrive and I can easily track them etc.

Good luck to everyone, as a long time BlackBerry then Android user I've never had an iPhone but these are very appealing, looking forward to reading feedback and trying one out at a store.

nintenchris123
I plan to stick around
Crisis over. They sent the UPS tracking info to my old email address! Who knows why !? I don’t care. It’s out for delivery!

crlnsv
I plan to stick around

My store opens at 9am. Here's to never ever putting down my phone for the rest of the day in case they call me.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @luvboatcapn

Yeah my buddy received that email too with a different time. It seems like Apple and UPS dropped the ball real bad on this one and its bad.

Daveftw
I plan to stick around

I preordered monday.

I am now officially "out for delivery" at 6:30 AM in Calgary AB. Good luck fellow i phone lovers! May The Jobs be with you 😛

itzyabooyyy
I plan to stick around
what colour and size did you get? i'm still waiting to hear from Rogers on my preorder

Daveftw
I plan to stick around

@itzyabooyyy I got a Space Grey XS Max! I am kind of miffed though, that only 3 months ago I bought a brand new nike edition apple watch series 3 for 500 bucks and now they're cheaper and series 4 is out LOL