Apple iPhone Xs / Xr & Xs Max Questions / Reservation numbers!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Apple iPhone Xs / Xr & Xs Max Questions / Reservation numbers!

Hello @nasa25

Agreed. Their " low budget" XR is even priced high. They are having problems producing the LCD to have the notch as its been reported as well.
I Plan to Stick Around

wow so quiet in here guys.  just figured i'd do my annual stop in.

i think in past years, we'd be at least 50 pages of posts by now.  we are only at #20.  

curious what the reservation lineup is at for each phone currently in the rogers system.  

might not even be at 100 yet.  

checked apple canada website.  still available sept 21st or in 1 to 2 weeks.  

i'm scared as an apple shareholder.

I Plan to Stick Around

I was thinking the same. I was up at 4:30 am CDT. Reservation was smooth as silk but still ended up #20 for a MAX 64 Grey. My fingers are crossed to see it next week but not holding my breath.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @charles1977 @Timcooper

Welcome back old friends!.

Yeah it's been a awkward year this year. It's also because of the pricing as well.. Think about it. Many got the X last year so they see no value to change other then screen size and a few changes. They will wait until next year and some are turned off by the pricing.

I wouldn't doubt that Apple for the first year won't be selling as many or won't have the pre order numbers they used too. Apple store as u said shows September 21st still as a pick up date.

Bell and Telus show September 20th as ship date for them too. So it's not as good as before
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Reasons I'm not upgrading. And I've had every iPhone since the original

1. Theres not many improvements over the X. Major selling point of the Xs max is the big screen. Spec wise there's not much improvement.
2. People already went out of pocket hard last year moving from a 6/7 to an X. $1319 was a ridiculous starting price last year but people paid it because the X was a totally new form factor. $1519 starting price on the Max is just out of control. Had Apple dropped the price of the Xs to $899 us and put the Max at the $999 entry point of last year's X, more people would have been interested. I couldn't bring myself to be hard out of pocket 2 years in a row.
3. Tough to get a good return for your used X. Most people don't want to shell out $1000 on a used phone. This increases the net upgrade cost. I wonder what those people with 512gb maxes will be able to get out of them in a years time. Even if they get like $1300,they'd still be out of pocket $1000. In one year.

Instead of giving more for less Apple is giving less for more. People are wising up to their shenanigans.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @nasa25

Those are all very good and valid points. Honestly this could very well be the turning point of the sales.

We will see.
I Plan to Stick Around

It IS more quiet than normal in here! I just got off the chat with Rogers loyalty, and I’m still a happy Rogers customer (10 years in). I just pre-ordered the Xs Max as an upgrade from the 7 plus. Can’t wait to have the X form factor and the HUGE screen, while still keeping the dimensions of my 7 plus. Since I did the upgrade on the Rogers site, I don’t think I received a number...does anyone know anything about this? Do I check under device reservation to see the number?
I should know this...this’ll be my 6th iphone.
The prices are high, yes...but with the sale of my 7 plus the upgrade will end up costing me less than $250. Rogers was able to move me from a premium to premium + tab at no extra cost after discounts. I’m very happy.
I've Been Here Awhile

What plan were you able to get through rogers loyalty

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @llkjl9989

For each person it's different. You would need to contact them and see what they offer you.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Made a last ditch effort with retentions to get the phone cost reasonable. The guy told me straight up to just stay on my premium tier and take a bigger up front hit. Going from a premium to ultra tier would increase my monthly cost by $70 AND increase the cost of some of my addon lines. So call it a $90 a month increase just to receive an extra $18.xx a month subsidy on the phone.

Makes absolutely no sense for me to do.