Apple iPhone Xs / Xr & Xs Max Questions / Reservation numbers!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Apple iPhone Xs / Xr & Xs Max Questions / Reservation numbers!

Hello @charlo1108

Just want to correct you on something. I'm a existing client on Telus and when I did the pre order with a few others, no number was given. So don't know where you got the (#80) from but Telus doesn't give out numbers or status Ques. They send u a email confirmation with a order number which you can see online that the order was placed and when it would be sent out however it doesn't show a number... They did this a long time ago but stopped it 2/3yrs ago. So no one with Telus got a number when doing a pre order....

As for thepricing. All carriers seem to be doing this with phones as well and AppleCare. Telus is charging $50 more for AppleCare if you do $14 per month $14x24 =$336. So they are also trying to take more.

Also every year I see you on the forums and your always complaining about the reservation system and whatnot. Why haven't you taken another route on getting your devices? Let's say Best Buy or Apple?. Just a thought.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I ordered the Silver 64 Gb Xs Max, I was #27/29 and now I’m #7/9, probably due to cancellations and my order says (in progress pre-fulfilment). I don’t understand how our orders haven’t been sent yet when I’ve walked into 3 different mobility stores who said they had a large stock of xs’s just sitting there. One guy told me he sold only 1 on launch day, I was with my friend when he bought the Note 9, looked pretty awesome. I don’t know if it’s just Rogers that doesn’t have their act together, but I just want my phone, shouldn’t have even wasted my time preordering.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @EGUNDEL

It seems like the business and corporate customers always wait when doing any type of reservation for any phone. I don't understand why as they never explained it but it seems that way.

Why dont you try getting the phone in store? The only thing I can think of holding it back is that your company pays for the upgrade or there is a code that the store can't bypass.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix

Still no movement on the XS Max 512GBs.

I ordered a Space Gray and Gold, 7 and 6 on the list, no movement since launch. Dropped 2 spots on the Space Gray since Sept 24, likely due to cancellations.

I guess it's insane that Rogers couldn't get at least 10, if not one unit of the XS Max in each color to ship out.

Rogers Management has no idea what's going on with the stock.

That 5 AM rise to pre-order seems waste at this point.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Prospect

Management won't know as shipments are brought it by Apple. I explained this for years. When working at Best Buy, we used to place a order for 200 units to be sent to our location from Apple. We ended up only getting 40 and it was all mixed. Carriers can place orders but it's Apple that's also limiting the units going out. Now to be truthful Rogers should know how many units come but don't.

When I got my iPhone Xs Max 64GB and went to the Telus store, she only had 2 64GB and 2 256. Both gray and gold. 1 was out aside for pre order in store. This was the Telus store at Eaton's Center. She even said that Telus is barely getting units in as well. The have a few still waiting on pre order to get one.

The 512GB model only Yorkdale Telus store got it and they had 1. Rogers stores I don't believe got any 512GB models. I think they didn't expect it to sell so most carried didn't order it due to the high price.

Now again for years we know how Rogers is with the pre order system. I can't lie and say that it's been the best but I can't lie and say it hasn't been the best.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Tons of salty feelings going around I see. Guess i can’t blame you guys.

Why don’t more people try to reserve for pick up through the Apple store (assuming one is somewhat close by)? Even if it’s a bit of a drive, probably beats waiting days/weeks to get the phone.

IMO reserve for ISPU at Rogers is the worst of three choices. Best is ship to home, 2nd Best is reserve for pick up at the Apple store

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @nasa25

Yup. Been saying that for years and to the same users that come around every year. You would think by now they would know either to ship to home or pick up at the Apple store..

There is only so much you can explain this to someone unfortunately. The drive may be long but it's worth it if u NEED the phone. Not want it.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Meowmix

Yup. I’ve been #59 for a 44mm gold watch for close to a week now. I’m not stressing because I know the game. Been around long enough. I wish Rogers did ship to home for the watch. I’d have been all over that.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @nasa25

Exactly.. You know how it is and just not stressing. Many have working phones and can wait a few days.. If they really need kne because theirs is broken and doesn't work at all then they have a few options. They just don't take those options. They rather come here and make yes valid complaints but also don't do anything about it. They have the Apple store which they can get one from. They have Best Buy or even wireless waive or any other retailer that sells phones for Rogers. THere is no way that half of them don't live near any mall or store. I noticed one user comes every year and makes complaints about the system yet still uses it. You would think by now they would go another route.

It all comes down to if you really need it vs if you really want it. Also comes down to Rogers have issues every year. Remember this isn't just the iPhone. This happens to some of the phones that are for pre order too.
I Plan to Stick Around

@nasa25

Funny thing is my 44mm watch is sitting at Rogers.

It shipped out on Saturday.

@Meowmix

I've ordered shipped to store for other phones, Google Pixel, LG and Samsung and they get there for launch day.

I even had success with the iPhone X 256GB ordering the week of launch and it got to me the next day through the call center.