Apple iPhone Xs / Xr & Xs Max Questions / Reservation numbers!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
I've Been Here Awhile
Posts: 2

Re: Apple iPhone Xs / Xr & Xs Max Questions / Reservation numbers!

I have a small business account, I’m currently #7 out of 9 in queue for an XS Max, I chose the ship to home method. Any idea on how much longer? I was told it could take up to 8 weeks for delivery, I’m hoping someone can reassure me that it will be sooner. Also with the ship to home method will they be sending me a SIM card that I need to activate as well or can I just swap with my sim that’s currently in my iPhone X? Or will I have to go in store to activate the phone? Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks for your help!
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Posts: 31,991

Re: Apple iPhone Xs / Xr & Xs Max Questions / Reservation numbers!

Hello @EGUNDEL

It could take 1-3 weeks to get it. Unfortunately no one here can give you the accurate date as this is a self serve pre order.

As for the sim, you can keep that sim card and use ur existing sim from the X.
I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 260

Re: Apple iPhone Xs / Xr & Xs Max Questions / Reservation numbers!

I stopped by a Best buy today at lunch near Winston Churchill to grab something and wanted to check out the Xs Max. Even though their display devices were plugged in it had no battery it showed empty when I tried to power it up. Hard to sell a $1500 phone if one can't even demo it.
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Posts: 31,991

Re: Apple iPhone Xs / Xr & Xs Max Questions / Reservation numbers!

Hello @JeromeM

When I worked at Best Buy we had to have all the displays working.

Speak to the mobile manager or the store manager and have them check it out.. It could be a issue with he display or the model.
I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 260

Re: Apple iPhone Xs / Xr & Xs Max Questions / Reservation numbers!

@Meowmix

Yeah I was only in there 5min and didn't want to get into it with them. The Note 9 worked though. Smiley Surprised
I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 278

Re: Apple iPhone Xs / Xr & Xs Max Questions / Reservation numbers!

#2 for the max silver 256gb when preorders started..Still OPEN.. what a joke Rogers is

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 10

Re: Apple iPhone Xs / Xr & Xs Max Questions / Reservation numbers!

Same here. I’m #6. Was #9. iPhone xs max 256 g silver. I really don’t understand how the numbers work. Is it based on the location you’re picking up from? I’ll go to the apple store this weekend if I get a chance, otherwise I’ll just try to have patience.
I've Been Here Awhile
Posts: 4

Re: Apple iPhone Xs / Xr & Xs Max Questions / Reservation numbers!

Hey man, I ordered the 256 g silver max. Sitting 8th in the list and still showing open. Though I was clever staying away from gold.
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Posts: 31,991

Re: Apple iPhone Xs / Xr & Xs Max Questions / Reservation numbers!

Hello @seee

As explained on page 1, post 1 it's Canada wide. Not store wide. It seems Rogers didn't get enough units from Apple..

Many fail to understand that all carriers this year including Best Buy didn't get enough units. Apple holds more then 85% of their store for their own pre orders and stores. Leaving carriers and the rest with 15% of the rest. I know this as I have a few at Apple that show me the emails and when I worked at Best Buy I seen this too.
I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 278

Re: Apple iPhone Xs / Xr & Xs Max Questions / Reservation numbers!

Those who ordered the max silver 256gb and saw that they moved a couple of spots only did b/c people cancelled.. not b/c Rogers fulfilled anything ahead of you in line.. I'm #2 and I have not seen movement and is still opened, that means that Rogers has not fulfilled even ONE of tte max orders in silver 256gb.. My friend at Telus ordered the same phone, was #60 when preorder started and got his on launch day... LOL.. good job Rogers.. and on a side note, I love how they charge more for the watch then Apple does om their site..  not the first time though.. i bought an iphone 6s as a present a few months ago and Rogers tried to charge about $60 more then Apple