cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone Xs / Xr & Xs Max Questions / Reservation numbers!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey Everyone!

Welcome back to my annual iPhone Reservation thread!  Once again its the time of the year that Apple will be announcing their new iPhone line up in a few hrs!. Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Apple iPhoneXs / Xr and Xs Max to the reservation list & the day comes follow the steps below to reserve the new device! The devices will include 3 devices, new color options and bigger displays! 

How to reserve if you’re an existing customer:

1. Log in to My Account on Rogers.com

2. Under Account choose Wireless.

3. Go to Manage My Device at the bottom of the page.

4. Click Upgrade My Device.

5. Choose The new iPhone ( which ever model you want) as a “ Pre order

6. Pick either Ship To Home or Ship To store (Device Reservation)

7. Choose a phone from the Phone Model drop-down.

1. Only phones that can be reserved will appear.

7. Review the account information next to your selection.

1. The email address must be auto-populated in the right section of the reservation form. Otherwise, you can’t reserve a device.

2. If the email is not auto-populated, first add the email address in the appropriate field of your My Account profile. Then, log out and log back in.

8. Select a store to pick up your phone.

9. Review the reservation details and click I AGREE to accept the Terms and Conditions.

10. Click Reserve to complete the reservation. A store representative will call you when the device is ready for pick-up.

How to reserve if you’re a new customer

1. Go to https://www.rogers.com/web/link/DeviceReservation?forwardTo=nrsRegisteredCustomer

2. Click Sign Up and enter your email address. ( It may tell you to also input all your info again.)

3. Under Phone Information, choose the device you want to reserve, and click Continue. Only devices available for reservation will appear.

4. Fill out the form under Personal Details and click Continue.

5. Fill out the Payment Details for the refundable $40 reservation fee and click Continue.

6. Select a store for device pick-up and click Continue.

7. Review the reservation details and click I AGREE to accept the Terms and Conditions.

8. Click Reserve to complete the reservation. A store representative will call you when the device is ready for pick-up.

Online Statuses

Open - Phone has been reserved

In Progress - Phone is in inventory and the order is being processed

Shipped - Phone is on its way to the chosen store

Cancelled - Reservation has been cancelled

Keeping you up posted along the way

1. You’ll receive the following confirmations:

2. An email after completing the reservation

3. Weekly status emails confirming you number in line on the waiting list

4. An email when the device has been shipped to the store. (Includes a delivery tracking number)

5. Phone call from a store representative when the device is ready for pick-up

Good things to know

1. Phone can only be reserved, not purchased ( The purchase of the device will be done in store)

2. You can change the pick-up location when the online order status is open. If the order status is in progress or shipped, the location cannot be changed

3. Shipments typically take up 4 days, and your device is held in store for 3 days ( The delivery can be next day in most cases)

4. If you don’t pick up your phone within 3 days, the reservation will be cancelled and be sold to a walk in customer. You can make alternate arrangements with the store manager if need be.

5. Only the account holder or an authorized level 1 user (someone authorized to make changes on the account) can pick up the phone. Photo ID is required when picking up the phone.

6. If a reservation was made to a location that is now closed, We’ll send the device to the closest Rogers store or authorized dealer in the area. The new store will contact you when the device arrives and is ready for pick up.

Reservation Fee

What about this $40 reservation fee? Will it be returned to me?” You betcha. You’ll get a credit of $40 (+ taxes) for the reservation fee on your account if you reserved as an existing customer or to the original credit card if you reserved to activate a new line. Your reservation fee will be credited when:

1. Your phone ships from our warehouse or

2. You cancel your reservation online.

Before you go to the store to pick up your new phone, why not get a quote for your old phone and trade it in for a credit!

Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

.For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confuses about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

They also started last year a pre ordering system done online being charged on your CC ( Credit card) imminently and having the device shipped to your home instead. 2 years ago with the iPhone 7 / 7 Plus and last year with the 8 &8+ with the X the ones that picked this way got it the day of launch or day after launch but only a few did. Not everyone. This way is a good way but sadly u do not see any status updates like u do with the reservation system and only get a confirmation email and a shipment email. ( some did not get any email until the unit got shipped with QMS or UPS). Please do remember. Using the SHIP TO HOME option does NOT give u any insight of updates or status. You will only get notified when it ships out.

now its alot to read at the moment but i am trying to cover all the bases for everyone so everyone knows how the reservation works and what they need to know! as always do not be afraid to ask any question you have as I or any other member will answer it for you. I will do my best and answer all questions Cat Happy

712 REPLIES 712

Re: Apple iPhone Xs / Xr & Xs Max Questions / Reservation numbers!

EGUNDEL
I've been here awhile
I have a small business account, I’m currently #7 out of 9 in queue for an XS Max, I chose the ship to home method. Any idea on how much longer? I was told it could take up to 8 weeks for delivery, I’m hoping someone can reassure me that it will be sooner. Also with the ship to home method will they be sending me a SIM card that I need to activate as well or can I just swap with my sim that’s currently in my iPhone X? Or will I have to go in store to activate the phone? Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks for your help!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @EGUNDEL

It could take 1-3 weeks to get it. Unfortunately no one here can give you the accurate date as this is a self serve pre order.

As for the sim, you can keep that sim card and use ur existing sim from the X.

JeromeM
I plan to stick around
I stopped by a Best buy today at lunch near Winston Churchill to grab something and wanted to check out the Xs Max. Even though their display devices were plugged in it had no battery it showed empty when I tried to power it up. Hard to sell a $1500 phone if one can't even demo it.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @JeromeM

When I worked at Best Buy we had to have all the displays working.

Speak to the mobile manager or the store manager and have them check it out.. It could be a issue with he display or the model.

JeromeM
I plan to stick around
@Meowmix

Yeah I was only in there 5min and didn't want to get into it with them. The Note 9 worked though. 😮

charlo1108
I plan to stick around

#2 for the max silver 256gb when preorders started..Still OPEN.. what a joke Rogers is

seee
I plan to stick around
Same here. I’m #6. Was #9. iPhone xs max 256 g silver. I really don’t understand how the numbers work. Is it based on the location you’re picking up from? I’ll go to the apple store this weekend if I get a chance, otherwise I’ll just try to have patience.

Seamusd
I've been here awhile
Hey man, I ordered the 256 g silver max. Sitting 8th in the list and still showing open. Though I was clever staying away from gold.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @seee

As explained on page 1, post 1 it's Canada wide. Not store wide. It seems Rogers didn't get enough units from Apple..

Many fail to understand that all carriers this year including Best Buy didn't get enough units. Apple holds more then 85% of their store for their own pre orders and stores. Leaving carriers and the rest with 15% of the rest. I know this as I have a few at Apple that show me the emails and when I worked at Best Buy I seen this too.

charlo1108
I plan to stick around

Those who ordered the max silver 256gb and saw that they moved a couple of spots only did b/c people cancelled.. not b/c Rogers fulfilled anything ahead of you in line.. I'm #2 and I have not seen movement and is still opened, that means that Rogers has not fulfilled even ONE of tte max orders in silver 256gb.. My friend at Telus ordered the same phone, was #60 when preorder started and got his on launch day... LOL.. good job Rogers.. and on a side note, I love how they charge more for the watch then Apple does om their site..  not the first time though.. i bought an iphone 6s as a present a few months ago and Rogers tried to charge about $60 more then Apple

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @charlo1108

Just want to correct you on something. I'm a existing client on Telus and when I did the pre order with a few others, no number was given. So don't know where you got the (#80) from but Telus doesn't give out numbers or status Ques. They send u a email confirmation with a order number which you can see online that the order was placed and when it would be sent out however it doesn't show a number... They did this a long time ago but stopped it 2/3yrs ago. So no one with Telus got a number when doing a pre order....

As for thepricing. All carriers seem to be doing this with phones as well and AppleCare. Telus is charging $50 more for AppleCare if you do $14 per month $14x24 =$336. So they are also trying to take more.

Also every year I see you on the forums and your always complaining about the reservation system and whatnot. Why haven't you taken another route on getting your devices? Let's say Best Buy or Apple?. Just a thought.

EGUNDEL
I've been here awhile

I ordered the Silver 64 Gb Xs Max, I was #27/29 and now I’m #7/9, probably due to cancellations and my order says (in progress pre-fulfilment). I don’t understand how our orders haven’t been sent yet when I’ve walked into 3 different mobility stores who said they had a large stock of xs’s just sitting there. One guy told me he sold only 1 on launch day, I was with my friend when he bought the Note 9, looked pretty awesome. I don’t know if it’s just Rogers that doesn’t have their act together, but I just want my phone, shouldn’t have even wasted my time preordering.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @EGUNDEL

It seems like the business and corporate customers always wait when doing any type of reservation for any phone. I don't understand why as they never explained it but it seems that way.

Why dont you try getting the phone in store? The only thing I can think of holding it back is that your company pays for the upgrade or there is a code that the store can't bypass.

Prospect
I plan to stick around
@Meowmix

Still no movement on the XS Max 512GBs.

I ordered a Space Gray and Gold, 7 and 6 on the list, no movement since launch. Dropped 2 spots on the Space Gray since Sept 24, likely due to cancellations.

I guess it's insane that Rogers couldn't get at least 10, if not one unit of the XS Max in each color to ship out.

Rogers Management has no idea what's going on with the stock.

That 5 AM rise to pre-order seems waste at this point.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Prospect

Management won't know as shipments are brought it by Apple. I explained this for years. When working at Best Buy, we used to place a order for 200 units to be sent to our location from Apple. We ended up only getting 40 and it was all mixed. Carriers can place orders but it's Apple that's also limiting the units going out. Now to be truthful Rogers should know how many units come but don't.

When I got my iPhone Xs Max 64GB and went to the Telus store, she only had 2 64GB and 2 256. Both gray and gold. 1 was out aside for pre order in store. This was the Telus store at Eaton's Center. She even said that Telus is barely getting units in as well. The have a few still waiting on pre order to get one.

The 512GB model only Yorkdale Telus store got it and they had 1. Rogers stores I don't believe got any 512GB models. I think they didn't expect it to sell so most carried didn't order it due to the high price.

Now again for years we know how Rogers is with the pre order system. I can't lie and say that it's been the best but I can't lie and say it hasn't been the best.

nasa25
I'm a trusted contributor
Tons of salty feelings going around I see. Guess i can’t blame you guys.

Why don’t more people try to reserve for pick up through the Apple store (assuming one is somewhat close by)? Even if it’s a bit of a drive, probably beats waiting days/weeks to get the phone.

IMO reserve for ISPU at Rogers is the worst of three choices. Best is ship to home, 2nd Best is reserve for pick up at the Apple store

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @nasa25

Yup. Been saying that for years and to the same users that come around every year. You would think by now they would know either to ship to home or pick up at the Apple store..

There is only so much you can explain this to someone unfortunately. The drive may be long but it's worth it if u NEED the phone. Not want it.

nasa25
I'm a trusted contributor
@Meowmix

Yup. I’ve been #59 for a 44mm gold watch for close to a week now. I’m not stressing because I know the game. Been around long enough. I wish Rogers did ship to home for the watch. I’d have been all over that.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @nasa25

Exactly.. You know how it is and just not stressing. Many have working phones and can wait a few days.. If they really need kne because theirs is broken and doesn't work at all then they have a few options. They just don't take those options. They rather come here and make yes valid complaints but also don't do anything about it. They have the Apple store which they can get one from. They have Best Buy or even wireless waive or any other retailer that sells phones for Rogers. THere is no way that half of them don't live near any mall or store. I noticed one user comes every year and makes complaints about the system yet still uses it. You would think by now they would go another route.

It all comes down to if you really need it vs if you really want it. Also comes down to Rogers have issues every year. Remember this isn't just the iPhone. This happens to some of the phones that are for pre order too.

Prospect
I plan to stick around
@nasa25

Funny thing is my 44mm watch is sitting at Rogers.

It shipped out on Saturday.

@Meowmix

I've ordered shipped to store for other phones, Google Pixel, LG and Samsung and they get there for launch day.

I even had success with the iPhone X 256GB ordering the week of launch and it got to me the next day through the call center.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Prospect

Yes but those models didn't cost $2,000 outright and Rogers can order plenty of Samsung or LG or Google phones and get them..

Apple controls pricing and stock for all their items. Something many don't understand. As someone that worked closely with Apple and at Best Buy I can tell you that Apple sends out how many devices they want. Not what the carrier orders. It's not right but that's how Apple rolls.

You were lucky to get those on launch as many didn't and I know since I made those threads lol.

Don't get me wrong. Rogers has had plenty of issues every year with the reservation system. No one can deny that. Lol