Apple iPhone Xs / Xr & Xs Max Questions / Reservation numbers!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Apple iPhone Xs / Xr & Xs Max Questions / Reservation numbers!

Hello @kwljeremy

It may take 3-5 business days or 2 weeks to get. They have no clue what the true stock is in the warehouse.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @dlim581

I would suggest calling the Apple store and see what they tell you.

Most of the times they can but it depends on the code that's in thw account.
I Plan to Stick Around

I was able to reserve for pickup at the Apple store for 2 silver iPhone xs max 256gb  phones. Salesperson got the phones and sept with my Rogers current plan. Paid the same amount I would have paid if I got my preordered phones from Rogers with my current plan so I’m very satisfied. Cancelled my reservation with Rogers without penalty since the reservations were still open status. 

FYI, the carrier plan reservation at the Apple store resets with new stock every day at 8-8:30am. If anyone wants to get their phone later today or Sunday, this is probably the best way right now.

now comes the ardorous task of backing up everything and reloading 😋

I Plan to Stick Around

I purchased a Max at the Apple Store at the subsidy price on contract renewal with Rogers (1189$ on a Premium plan). I also had a corporate code that they applied immediately on activation so the answer is yes, you can get a subsidized iPhone and maintain your corporate discount as long as you have your code or proof of corporate employment. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Finally had time to go pick up my 256gb Xs max gold today. It’s beautiful! Such a unique colour. Definitely was missing a bigger casing the bigger screen is such a beauty.
I've Been Around

I’m #24 — have you received your device? I was hoping they’d have shipped them Friday.
I Plan to Stick Around

@xfallen,

I went to my local Apple store after reserving a Max. The sales rep said the promo code won’t come into effect until 6 months later. He stated in order to keep my corporate discount without a 6 month delay, I would need to deal directly with the Rogers store that manages the corporate account of my employer. Hopefully that doesn’t apply to you.

I still bought the phone at full price with AppleCare until the one from Rogers arrives. At least I get to play around with it until then. Love the screen size and it’s what I wanted since last year. I found the X screen too small after coming from a 7 Plus.
I Plan to Stick Around

Well, my upgrade process was a bit of an adventure...with a very happy ending.
I pre-ordered a 64GB Max in grey on the 14th for home delivery. By Wednesday, I’d decided I wanted the 256GB instead. I did another reservation, this time for a 256GB, and was 250th in line.
My 64GB arrived Friday night, and I immediately called Apple and Rogers to explore my options for a return or exchange etc.... Seemed as though it was going be at least a couple weeks before I’d get my hands on a 256GB, and I’d only have 15 days to return the 64GB. Not an ideal situation.
This morning I log onto Apple’s reserve and pickup site, and low and behold my local Apple Store has the 256 in grey that I want. I reserve it and call Rogers buyers remorse department to see if I can make a switch, which they said I can.
Upon arrival to the Apple Store, I simply call Rogers back, they remove the 64GB from my account and I re-upgrade to the 256GB. Easy peasy. I just have to send the 64GB back via UPS using the label Rogers emailed me. Took about 45mins, and I walked out with my new phone. I paid the unsubsidized portion on both phones, and will get a refund on the first when Rogers receives it in the mail next week.
What a phone this is. Crazy beautiful and lightning fast. Was using an iPhone 7 Plus, so the difference is enormous.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Well, well, well. It's Monday morning, the store that has my phone opens in 19 minutes. Fingers crossed that I get a phone call to come pick it up, it's like all of my frustration this weekend simmered and now I can't stand the sight of my 6S. I want my new toy!

I Plan to Stick Around

here's hoping! i'm still waiting to get a shipping email from rogers!! waiting is the hardest part!