Apple iPhone Xs / Xr & Xs Max Questions / Reservation numbers!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Apple iPhone Xs / Xr & Xs Max Questions / Reservation numbers!

Hello @crlnsv

Great to hear that they have it! Hopefully u can get it today!
I Plan to Stick Around

I was able to pick up my new iPhone XS Max 256gb Space Grey at the Apple Store, following a reservation I did on pre-order day! I was in the Apple Store at 1PM and walked out with my phone activated at 1:45PM.

If I can give a piece of advice for those doing a contract renewal with Rogers and who are benitifing from a corporate discount. If you are renewing on the same plan and wish to keep your corporate discount, you need to get in touch with Rogers corporate customer service before heading in the Apple Store to get your phone. 

I was first told that because I had a corporate discount and that they needed to validate my proof of employment, they couldn't give the phone to me right away. I then negotiated and asked if I could get the phone and validate my proof of employment later on my next bill to which they agreed. Basically I had to send an email with a proof (paystub, ID card with photo etc) and they gave me a code for the Rogers rep in store to activate the discount.

Other than that I had 0 issue, the renewal was very clear to me and they also had a 2gb bonus special. I was on a 10gb share everything plus plan so I am now getting 12 gb for the same price. In total, the device - subsidy + applecare for 2 years was about 1600$. I've had issues ordering with the Rogers reservation system in the past which is why I took a chance this year of ordering with the Apple system and it went pretty smoothly. 

Good luck to everyone else who's waiting on their new iPhone!

I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix any reason why tons of people got skipped on the business side?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @tristanpaglia

Hmm I don't know really. I wonder if something is wrong with the system or
I Plan to Stick Around

@riiicjcjck any update on yours? I definitely got skipped
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Small business account here!

Reservation spot was written as 1 of 118 this AM, status as open.

Checked back again in the PM, reservation spot is now at 1 of 60 (?), status still as open.

I call Rogers, the guy tells me "the reservation spot number doesn't mean anything"

Right...

Anyway, ask him why the amount of reservations have changed, he says "well since the reservation number doesn't actually mean anything, those people could have been before you"

A plethora of great answers, honestly.

I call back and get someone else.

They told me I should get news Monday or Tuesday.

So we shall see Monday or Tuesday I guess!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @impmarion

LMAO what? Man these reps don't know much do they...

I Plan to Stick Around

Same thing happened to me went from 4/132 to 4/57. What’s happening! Rogers is useless
I Plan to Stick Around

Well another year on the forum and I know a lot of enthusiasts are frustrated by the reservation system as it is. I just wanted to let you know that it worked perfectly for me. New IPhone Xs Max in hand all setup and running
I Plan to Stick Around

HOLY MOLY MOTHER OF STEVE JOBS.

This is my first time touching an iphone X in person, seeing holding playing. Just setting up my Iphone XS MAX right now.

I'm in total love.