Apple iPhone Xs / Xr & Xs Max Questions / Reservation numbers!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple iPhone Xs / Xr & Xs Max Questions / Reservation numbers!

@nasa25 wrote:
Tons of shenanigans going on I see.

Every year it’s easier to just reserve at the Apple store and get it there. Either that or chose the Rogers ship to home option.

Reserve for pickup at a Rogers store is by far the worst option imo

Weird to see all these issues... I did a ship to store option a day after pre-orders went live (on September 15th) and my phone was in my hands by 8:20 am this morning (September 21st), with everything configured and sorted out.

I'm not saying everyone would have no issues, but seems like for a large company Rogers (or maybe even Apple) might have some explaining to do...

One of my friends did go the Apple Store route instead for his upgrade and he was out of there before 8:30 am as well. (Our mall is lucky enough to have an Apple Store and Bell/Rogers/Telus stores as well, plus several small cell phone kiosks.)

I Plan to Stick Around

@nasa25

I sent her an email but the store is pretty far and I’ll have to rent a car to get there, I don’t want to drive down there for nothing. If she hasn’t replied in a couple of hours I’ll try calling her.

Update: she replied to my email saying they’ll contact me as soon as they get my phone. I was #5 in queue and it shipped on Tuesday. I’m pretty annoyed right now.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Rogers always has TONS of systems/IT issues. Yes they’re a big company but theyre also a penny pinching company.

They’d rather make their customers suffer than spend a few bucks to ensure a successful launch.

Case in point - head over to the Apple Watch activation thread.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@crlnsv

Tell her the store has your phone and you want it today. Don’t let her off the hook. She should be doing her job even though it’s friday and people like to slack on Friday’s.

I Plan to Stick Around

@Radz108 Business line is separate from consumer. Business accounts can't walk into the rogers store. Its done online and shipped to your house.

I Plan to Stick Around

I’m curious how I was # 12 for the XS Max 64 space grey on pre order morning ... and my store has not received my phone yet. Past years I would be in the # 80s and got my phone on launch. Just doesn’t seem right to me....
I Plan to Stick Around

I just called them again, guy checked the list and said I’m not on it.. I said that’s impossible i was # 12 on pre order morning and the phone shipped Tuesday night
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@nasa25

I’m not 100% sure they have my phone though. Logic says they do, but I got no confirmation.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@crlnsv

Oh if that’s the case then best you can do is ask her to please check and ensure whether or not they have your phone. Just tell her you were looking forward to having it on launch day. If she’s nice and wants to keep you as a happy customer, she will go the extra mile (hopefully).

I Plan to Stick Around

@nasa25

Her email was pretty terse so I’ll sit this one out and wait. It’s just a phone, eh?